on 6 August 2010
I always walk around with my EOS 400d at the ready with the long neck strap wrapped bulkily around my wrist and thought this hand strap would be more comfortable. Its so close but not quite there.

It doesnt fit quite as tidily as the picture suggests and its a bit on the snug side and I only have average size hands for a woman, a fella I think would start to lose cirulation. If the fabric part of the strap was just that bit longer it would give that bit more felxability, and fitting could be personalised with the velcro attachment.

Also it is almost impossible to use with a battery grip which I use frequenly to give the smaller body of the eos 400d better handling and balance. Finally for some reason the base attachment will not screw tightly into the bottom of the battery grip though it does into the bottom of the camera. This means you can't then attach a tripod quick release plate to use with a tripod successfully, although it works fine with a tripod without the battery grip.

So this item didnt suit my needs but if you dont have big hands and dont use battery grips much this stap should work just fine.
on 14 July 2011
Not very happy with this item. Way to small to actually use it with my Canon 500d, very disappointed. In 3 out of 4 of the product images it shows a different attachment to the base of the camera, if it had came with this one, it would probable have been ok.
on 2 September 2011
This item is very fiddly to fit as the stap doesn't easily pass twice through the metal fastener. There are no instructions and most of the pictures in the advertisement do not match the product! When applied as best as one can, it is difficult to access camera controls.

I will be returning it (there is a restocking fee and of course return postage must be paid); best avoided.
on 4 March 2010
I like to carry my D300s around in my hand on occasions. This strap allows me to do this without having to keep a tight drip on it all the time. No more winding a neck strap around my wrist. Its well worth the money if you like to carry a camera around like this. One end fits to the tripod thread on the bottom of the camera, and has itself a thread so that either a quick release plate or a tripod can be attached without removing the wrist grip.
on 11 January 2011
Brought this Hand Strap for Canon 50D. Had a few problems fitting at first and found it very tight and difficult to reach some of the controls on the Canon. There is no way this product could be used with a battery grip there just isnt enough play to adjust for even the smallest of hands.

Its leather and good quality just a shame JJC never tried it on some larger cameras. With a lot of adjustment I can use the is strap and feel safe it will not slip off my hand though my blood supply may stop on a hot day?

If you have a small DSLR this will be perfect for you and well worth the money but larger DSLR owners you best stay with the branded version for your camera and know it will fit
on 30 August 2011
this hand strap is ok but its not easy to adjust to suit wrist so it kinda has to be used as a one size fits all which is not handy ok for a short time use but ones with full wrist strap and clip are safer and you can let camera dangle where this has no room to let go.
on 11 August 2012
(june 2012) Fast shipping, comfortable hand strap (I have a Canon - EOS 500). Just tested on the road in a Portugal trip. Much more comfortable than traditional shoulder strap. The only points to be assessed carefully before buying is the fact that you has one hand always busy, and that the access to the functions of the camera is not quite immediate ( but with a little practice it solves ). Nothing to say bad about the product. I think it's worth buying. I'm satisfied... (may 2013)... *** THE PLASTIC PART WHICH IS SCREWED UNDER THE CAMERA IS BROKEN AFTER 11 MONTHS...***
on 13 August 2010
great tool for using on loacation. You can carry it safely safely without actually holding on to your camera. Much less of a strain on your wrist. Good for shooting from the hip.
on 22 December 2012
I bought this for my Panasonic FZ-150, but a) it was delivered without any instructions on how to fit it, and b) once I'd found out how (by trawling the internet and comparing a number of diagrams), with it attached it is impossible to use your thumb to control any of the buttons on the rear of the camera. It just doesn't do what it says on the tin!
on 10 August 2012
Its around a tenth of the price of the Nikon product. I haven't looked closely at Nikon's offering to compare but this one certainly does the job. Its a little fiddly to get your hand in to requiring, first loosening and then tightening of the strap (Nikon is the same) but once on it feels comfortable and secure and its easier for my fingers to reach the buttons than when I'm using my older strap from omni.
If it lasts a year or two I'll be very satisfied.
UPDATE. The plastic plate by which you attach the strap to the camera snapped in half after a week. Amazon could not send a replacement for some reason. They were very nice told me to send the whole thing back for a full refund and to re-order another one. Well I only wanted the plastic bit and didn't want to muck about. I figured that a replacement could do the same but I like the product a lot so I glued it back together and reinforced it with a thin steel strip. Working fine again now.