Customer reviews

Monsters vs. Aliens (PS3)
Platform: PlayStation 3|Change
Price:£25.00+ Free shipping

on 2 February 2016
All good. Highly rec.omend
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 1 January 2010
This game, based on the film of the same title, is a third-person role-play type enabling the user to assume the role of any of three of the characters in the film - B.O.B., The Missing Link and Ginormica. The aim is to defeat the aliens and their robots, and defend Planet Earth. This is achieved by going through a wide ranging number of scene challenges, taking down the enemies in the process. Choosing individual characters in role-play is not an option, instead different challenges are assigned to one of the three characters. This game can be played with one or two players, provided you have two separate controllers. There is no option to play on-line.

This is a game for children of course, and although it can be quite difficult at times, my six-year-old daughter enjoyed it a lot. In her own words "There are some parts that are easy, some are quite hard but I've been practising a lot and I'm getting better. I'm really pleased with it!" Then her nine-year-old sister wrenched the controller out of her hand and proceeded to occupy it for what must have been five or six hours non-stop - she absolutely loves it. This is what she had to say about it: "It's really, really good and I love it! We've already got the film on DVD which I always enjoy watching and the game is so similar, I love playing as the characters - I prefer this game to Ratchett & Clank (Tools of Destruction) because although some of the challenges are difficult I've been playing a lot and I keep getting better, it's nice to beat the aliens and it makes me feel good!" And then we have the opinion of someone slightly older, 14 years old in fact, and he says "It's a simple game with easy instructions and if you stray off the path it shows you how to get back on quickly. There's no facility to upgrade weapons or develop new moves which is a bit of a pity - the moves become a bit repetitive after a while and I would like to see some rewards in the form of bigger or better weapons, but that never happens. I suppose that's because it's aimed at slightly younger children than me. I think Ratchett & Clank (Tools of Destruction) is better because it offers more of an exploring-style setting, so that you can discover new environments, and it offers different difficulty settings whereas Monsters vs Aliens is one difficulty level at all times. I don't think many fourteen-year-olds would like it that much, it's OK for a while but I couldn't play it for anywhere near as long as the girls can."

Well, those are the opinions of the experts. As for myself, somewhat more advanced in years, I've had a very brief go but it's really not for me. The bottom line is that I bought this for the children and they genuinely like it a lot, it's getting some heavy usage despite competition from some excellent games like Little Big Planet and Eye-Pet. I'm very pleased I bought it and I would recommend it to any child between the ages of six and thirteen, although I can imagine it being enjoyed by older children too.
22 Comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 28 October 2014
My son loves playing this
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse