on 14 August 2009
We have had this BBQ now for 3 months and have used it about 5-6 times. It cooks well, it has enough space to move things around as they cook or burn. On that score it does what a good BBQ should.

I can't fault it for size and packability in a full car off to the beach or going camping, which is the main reason for choosing this model.

On the down side, the grill racks are already very warped, they get very hot and are not strong enough to withstand the heat. In addition the paint has scorched and burnt on the outside. I find the gaps between the grill wires and on the fire rack are too wide and food slips in to the fire and coals drop down, such as when you are spreading them out once up to temperature.

All in all a great idea that is good for a few uses but not something that I expect to last for more than 20 uses at the current rate of deterioration. I guess any highly specialised design at a cheap price has to make some compromises, you get what you pay for. Next time, I am going to buy something like a Weber, twice the price but built to last, which this ain't.
44 comments| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 April 2010
We bought this barbecue because it sounded like fun. It truly is we used it all of last summer and yes, it does bend out of shape after getting extremely hot, it does lose some of the paintwork. On the other hand we had a barbecue for seven people with chicken, burgers , sausages etc. It used far less coal than a traditional barbecue and it was a talking point. How can something so small be so efficient? It was clean safe easy to look after and is sitting waiting for another fun filled summer. It is the most economic and efficient barbecue since the hibachi we had in the 1970s.
on 29 May 2009
excellent product - great for quick family BBQ. Use largish charcoal bricks with it as the smallpieces fall through the holes!
on 10 October 2008
I took one of these camping last June. It folded up so thin it could lie on the floor of the car boot taking up practically zero space. On site it was up in about twenty seconds, fill it up with quicklighting charcoal, drop a match in, sit back and open a beer. In 5 mins I was cooking pasta in a big pan and in 20 I was grilling steak. It was brilliant and simple and ideal for a no-fires camping ground as it kept the heat off the grass. I have to admit I broke one bar of the grill by poking it too hard when it was hot and brittle. Also after a week of using the unit as a bbq at the start of the evening and bonfire the rest of the night it was looking a bit grey and warped. But I was delighted I'd brought it and was sorry when I had to leave it behind (my mate lumbered me with his son's suitcase! Tchoh!)
33 comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 July 2010
This is such a great design, it folds up to nothing so is perfect for camping. It has a tray for the coals to sit on so there is plenty of room for air to circulate underneath. This space also catches all the falling ash so it keeps the ground completely clean. My only concern is that after many uses the construction won't hold up as some of the joints look a little weak and the grill a bit warped but we've used it as a barbecue and as a fire and so far it's great.
on 15 July 2009
We love this bbq - once we worked out where to put the coals, it was really easy to use, has a large cooking area and is simple to clean. It folds away as new when cool. Great buy.
on 8 January 2010
Very pleased with this BBQ. Can't believe how small it packs down. Well packaged for posting.
on 21 January 2015
Very portable, folds away for transport or storage.

Like every barbeque, is a bit of a hassle to clean.

Quite low to the ground, but far enough off it if you need to avoid burning the grass
on 22 March 2016
I've owned this for almost a year now and have used it many times. It is excellent for taking with you when travelling as it folds very flat and takes up very little room. The cooking grill also folds into 3 pieces which is very helpful when cleaning it as it will easily fit into a kitchen sink. As others have said, after some time the rack that holds the charcoal does get a little warped out of shape, however it is still perfectly useable. The sides of the BBQ have also warped a little over time too but again it hasn't caused me any problems as yet. One thing I would recommend is to get a sheet of wire mesh and place it above the charcoal rack as this will stop the smaller bits of charcoal falling through the large gaps. I wouldn't expect to get more than a couple of years use out of this but for such a low price I'm more than happy with it.
on 13 May 2008
I purchased this BBq for a number of reasons. I wanted it mainly for doing family Bbq's at home but, I liked the fact that I could use it for picnics/holidays and also thought it'd be really easy to store! First impressions were mixed. It was easy enough to assemble BUT the metal side 'flaps' kept swinging inwards so you HAD to put the grill bit in place to keep the Bbq open. I quickly realised that this would make lighting it a bit tricky. Other than that was impressed with the overall size & was eager to try it out. It certainly was fiddly to get it started and was starting to bug me as one of the side bits kept swinging in as I was putting the coals in & trying to light it. Once lit, all seemed to be going well & after a while I started loading the food on. HOWEVER, at this point I realised flames were coming out of one of the cooking SIDES of the Bbq!! I was using the Bbq on a table and had I been stood round the other side I could easily have been set alight! I abandoned everything & put it all out (much to the disappointment of my family who were now geared up for it) & took it back the next day. Am unsure whether the particular one I had was faulty ot whether there is a serious design flaw. Would be interested to see how other people get on with theirs but if you have purchased one recently please be careful. On a plus side it folded away really easy for me to return it!!
33 comments| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse