on 16 June 2013
Bought to replace the freewheel on my son's (Raleigh) bike.

Did the job perfectly. I did have to pop to Halfords for the correct tool, as the one in my Lidl bike tool selection kit looked like it would fit but was marginally too big.

Bike is now back to full working order.
on 24 May 2014
The realistic price of this freewheel makes it worth changing on a regular basis. The freewheel remover tool is a necessity to remove old freewheel so if you do not have one, get one along with this item. This freewheel is ideal for general use and the quality seems OK. If it was for a car it would be 10X the price! Excellent service from the Wooly at Shop.
on 28 June 2013
Shimano stuff is good and this is no exception. I was pleased to find a screw-on freewheel of this standard as screw on stuff disappeared from mainstream bike stuff so many years ago.
The ratchet sounds fine, teeth are accurately cut and the screw-on thread is good. If you've got an ancient bike with 6 speed and screw- on freewheel hub, this is just right.
on 2 January 2014
A good, fairly long-wearing freewheel. Have never used anything from a higher range (Deore etc.) but would say will easily go 4000 road km if conditions are only occasionally cruddy. Shifts are very quick and solid with the SRAM PC870 chain. I am now using a combination of Shimano HG40 chain and Shimano HG20 cassette, and the shifting is much more hesitant.
on 4 March 2016
Bought this for an old mountain bike from the 1990's. I don't have the tool to remove the old one but once my local bike shop had removed the old one, installation was a breeze. It just screws on and as you ride it tightens itself up. Since installing this, and a new chain, gear changes have been crisp and precise - everything that you could want from a cassette.
on 20 January 2016
I have used a few of these over the years, cheap but good quality, keeping my mountain bike on the road, you will need the right cassette removal tool and a chain whip wrench (or vice) to remove the old one, easy to fit new one, just screws on-job done!
on 17 March 2014
I bought this 6 speed cassette to replace my 5 speed one. I couldn't find a 5 one so with some researches I found out they were totally compatible so I went for it.

Just installed on my bike and it works wonderfully.
on 28 February 2013
My whole back wheel buckled and the teeth on it's cogs were well worn. I needed a new wheel and new gear cogs. This just screwed onto the new wheel no problem. As it was a new wheel it was going on, I didn't need a tool to screw it on as the natural turning of the wheel will tighten it anyway. You will need that special tool if you need to take your old cog set off an old wheel however, or if you need to remove this at any time.

Great product. The gears needed a bit of tuning after I put it on but that was to be expected. Very pleased.
on 20 March 2014
My bike came with a MFTZ06 freewheel and last time around I replaced it with the same. I noticed the photo on this page is actually of an MFTZ20 so I wasn't unduly alarmed when that's just what arrived - having looked at Shimano website the MFTZ06 doesn't appear to be current so I assume the MF TZ20 is the equivalent replacement part.

Fitted it today, and 3 miles later all seems normal - I'll give it 5 stars for now...
on 4 June 2013
This freewheel at the price is just great ,works well and was easy to fit. It looks well made and I hope it will last a long time.