on 13 February 2012
This idea is very good and really does do the job.
I have had carpal tunnel syndrome and still have in my right arm and wrist, whilst waiting for surgery and instead of having to replace a mouse which is dear for a good one, this substitute really takes away the pressure and pain from having to lean a certain way in order to use the mouse and keyboard at your PC.
on 20 April 2010
This is a good product, well made, nice idea. I use it home and work, it's more convenient than an ergonomic mousemat in some respects, and less so in others. If you keep having to switch from mouse to typing or working on paper it is not as useful as the gel padded mouse mats.
on 1 February 2015
Great item to keep the palm of my hand off the mouse mat
on 13 September 2014
Works well, small was maybe a bit too small but had definitely helped with my RSI.
on 21 April 2017
As described. Good service.
on 8 June 2010
I have been using computer keyboards constantly for the past 16 years. Over this period it's inevitable my wrists would suffer from damage as humans aren't built to type on keyboards.

Over time I managed to damage both wrist (especially my right hand). To alleviate this I taught myself to use the mouse with my left hand. I am now able to comfortably use the mouse with either hand and swap over when the pain starts to 'kick in'. However, I have always had a niggling feeling in my wrists that never completely went away.

My latest job required an extensive amount of keyboard and mouse work (12-14hrs per day) and thus the serious tingling pains returned and I suffered a new problem... numbness in my finger tips when waking up in the mornings. I went to my doctor and he just told me to reduce my usage and there was nothing more he could do.

I decided to give the Wrist Donuts a try.

At first I did still notice the pain but decided to persevere just to see if it would eventually 'ease out' (just like when doing a yoga pose.... it can be slightly painful at first but after a while your body stretches into position & the pain goes away).

I have to say, these things are excellent. They worked so well (and so subtly) that after three months I actually had to remind myself I used to have a wrist problem!!

I got so used to wearing them every time I typed that the pain just eventually vanished.

This is no overnight miracle but if you 'saddle up' at each session you will eventually forget you suffered from any problems. Well at least this is what happened to me.

I still wear them every day and actually feel lost without them.

Highly recommended product.
22 Comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 January 2011
For the past six months or so I have had an increasing amount of pain in my right wrist. I'm a web designer, so my right hand is in constant use with both the mouse and the keyboard.

Before I bought the wrist donut, I went to all the normal outlets (PC World etc) but nowhere had a normal wrist rest. Blow it, thought I, I shall look on Amazon... where I found Wrist Donut. At first I thought it looked a bit silly, a Dragon's Den-esque throw-away product. Then I read the reviews and thought... you know what? It makes sense...

So I bought one (off their website direct, so I could be geeky and get it personalised!) and I am very glad I did. After two weeks of use I no longer feel any of the pain or discomfort in my wrist, at least not when I am using the computer. And I have noticed a distinct lack of discomfort in non-computer related use too... something that was beginning to be very annoying.

I am so glad I bought one that I am now thinking of getting another for my left wrist, purely to pre-empt the eventual pain I am bound to get in that wrist too before long!

Believe me, it doesn't look silly when it is on your wrist, it's actually very comfortable and I notice it more when I don't have it on than when I do!
on 12 November 2009
Being a graphics designer, web developer and straight up gamer, I tend to spend most of my life on a computer. Due to the high level of use, my wrist and lower arm tire quite quickly.

I was using a standard wrist rest before, but it just didn't hack it when it came to gaming. Enter the wrist donut - this nifty little piece of ergonomic gadgetry wraps around your wrist very comfortably, and allows full support for the wrist whilst allowing unhindered movement of the arm. Perfect for some intense FPS, slow paced MMORPG or the odd RTS game. Apart from that the thing is just damned comfy. The build quality looks solid, and i expect to get many years of use out of my wrist donut.

And how original right?
on 16 July 2009
As a long time computer user I have tried many support products over the years, but this is by far the best option. A simple concept, a wrist rest that moves with you, but very effective. I have experienced a big improvement in comfort and support in my wrist, and this has also had a knock on effect to my shoulder where I have an old injury that gives me some pain. A great product - thanks.
on 5 December 2009
Never thought that this silly thing will be so useful. Very comfortable because it stays in the same position wherever you move your hand. Will buy another one to have two for both hands.

For all customers: there are different colours (red, black, blue, green etc...). And you can personalise these donuts. I did not know that before I bought this item in a hurry. But anyway I am enjoying.