Format: DVD|Change

on 10 June 2016
This film is typical of Adam Sandler so if you are not a fan..don't bother. Great for both kids and adults. All the family enjoyed it..even my teenage son.
on 27 March 2017
Excellent Movie!!
on 1 April 2017
It was for a gift
on 22 May 2017
My little girl lives this
on 2 May 2017
Good
on 28 November 2015
my friend is 24 going 25, but he felt like 1 years old watching this. amazing!!
Skeeter Bronson (Adam Sandler) is the maintenance man at a luxury hotel in Los Angeles. True, when his father sold the location to hotel mogul Barry Nottingham (Richard Giffiths), Barry promised to make Skeeter the manager when he grew up. But that's never happened. And now Barry has plans to build an even bigger hotel in the area and make Kendall (Guy Pearce) the manager.

Meanwhile, Skeeter's sister calls. Wendy (Courtney Cox) needs Skeeter to watch her two kids while she is out of town looking for a new job. Skeeter hasn't had any contact with them for four years, but he agrees.

That night, he tells the kids a bedtime story that gets pretty crazy. And yet the next day, it seems to come true. Excited, Skeeter can't wait for the next bedtime story. Has he figured out a way to make his every wish come true or is something else at work here?

I'm not normally an Adam Sandler fan, but the previews for this movie intrigued me so much, I just had to see it. And I'm glad I did. There were laughs all the way through. In fact, I'd say the best laughs weren't spoiled in the previews. Bugsy, the hamster, has some hilarious antics. And the story gets so crazy at times you can't help but laugh.

Yet the laughs are supported by a decent story. Yes, the broad outline is predictable, but the journey to the end is fun, so you really don't care. Beside, the kids add a few random plot points to the film, which keep things from being too stale.

The stories that Skeeter tells vary greatly in location. I was actually surprised at just how elaborate those sets were. They didn't spare any expense with this film.

My only complaint is what appears to be a dropped plot point. It was a sub-plot, but I really was looking for it to be paid off.

But that is a minor complaint. This is a fun film that left me with a smile on my face. It should entertain kids of all ages.
on 15 December 2009
I love Disney films and had never heard of "Bedtime Stories". I'm glad I bought this DVD as the lead actor, Adam Sandler, can sometimes be a little too much for me. The only other film of his that I've enjoyed is Anger Management, but he doesn't disappoint here.

Skeeter (Adam Sandler) is asked to babysit his sister's kids over a couple of evenings. The dayshift is taken by the sister's best friend. Skeeter is a little horrified to find that his sister hasn't got a TV and therefore his first night babysitting actually requires him to interact with his niece and nephew rather than plonk them in front of the screen. He decides to try his hand at telling a bedtimes story, the way his Dad used to tell him stories when he was little. Luckily he's a natural story teller although a little self-absorbed in his story telling the kids change his stories so their they're a lot more fun.

Fun, imaginative film to watch with the whole family or even on your own. Filming covered wonderful sets and locations, a Greek ampitheatre; a medieval palace; the wild west - all lovely scenes and the acting was better than I thoughtt. There's the flitting between modern day, real scenes and ho they could be imagined in the bedtime stories - Motorbikes as horses and a woman as a mermaid.
on 4 February 2011
Skeeter is a hotel handyman whose life changes when the bedtime stories he tells his niece and nephew magically start to come true.

The idea of the film is hilarious, and Disney have managed to pull it off very well. When I saw the trailers I personally thought Adam Sandler wasn't going to be the perfect 'Skeeter', but he is! Russell Brand steals the show though, as he plays Mickey, Skeeter's best friend.

The stories Skeeter tells Bobbi and Patrick are lavish and hilarious. I went to the theatre to see this film, and both children and adults were laughing. The big joke throughout the film though, was Bugsy the Guinea Pig, and Skeeter wasn't kidding when he said: "Those eyes would be big on a cow!"

Overall a great family comedy, and should be in every families DVD collection.
on 22 January 2016
I did purchase this second hand but seriously? The case is trashed. Not impressed at all #buycheapbuytwice
review image