Customer reviews

Platform: Xbox 360|Change

on 11 February 2013
havin just complete the game it gav me about 16 hours gameplay and its ok. However the missions are very similar and taking over compounds of rival families becomes very tiresome. every mission just seemed to shoot anything that moves thn eaither blow the building up or kill the rival boss, cut scenes are ok, but graphics are a big let down. i played this on my flat screen tv with a hdmi cable for the xbox and the game just looks shabby for a 360 game. u do get to play in 3 cities new york florida and cuba but the maps are very small new york being tiny it took me about 40 second to drive from 1 end of the new york map to the other, compare that to gta and liberty city, which is quite abit bigger than all 3 maps combined. also with the look of the game the colours looked very dull they shud hav really made florida bright and refreshing but instead the colours of all the maps just look abit washed out. Finally missions need alot more variety, the contant taking of compounds then havin to defend them gets very annoying and graphics and colours need sharpening up. this is no where near a GTA IV beater and does not come close to the pure class of Mafia 2 which blows godfather 2 away to be honest, quite fun to an extend and playable but far from impressed.
on 26 September 2010
If you like the Godfather films, you should definitely buy this game! (likewise, if you haven;t seen the films, you should see them first) The storyline of this game (and the first game) closely follows that of the first two films, so it is first class. The combat in the game is also great fun, and very satisfying - the developers obviously put a lot of effort into creating particularly brutal finishing moves for each weapon. Personally, I preferred the gun combat from the first game, but that doesn't mean this game is lacking much.
In my opinion, these games are much better than the GTA series, particularly in the "career" aspect, as you actually control your empire and your family/crew in this game, and there is a reasonable character development system in the Godfather games.
If you are a fan of crime/gangster films, and like brutal combat, you will love this game!
on 4 August 2010
This is a really good game, bought it cheap from a private seller which was quick and good service. The game is very fun however a little hard to get to grips with the controls at first but once I got the hang of it I was away. The game allows you to build your own family, control your empire and attack those familys against you, the Don view is very well put into the game allowing you to monitor everything in your family and the wolrd around you allowing you to put hits out on people and attacking (or destroying) a rival familys racket. Very good game overall, strongly recomended.
on 28 October 2011
With respect to the first Godfather game, Godfather 2 was a disappointment. The main storyline was not that long, the number of buisness to extort was significantly reduced meaning the total game length was shortened.

As you would expect, the graphics on the game were of a high standard, this probably being the only imrpvement compared to the first game.
on 20 January 2010
I enjoyed this game from the minute I put the disc in.it has great explosive action which one might call repetitive but is very enjoyable .everytime you put the game on you will not know where the time has gone .it has all the hallmarks of grand theft auto with a strong sense of acheivment when completing a mission .
on 5 December 2016
I watched the kiss play this, personally I'd give it two stars. My kids over ruled me and gave it five stars.

After half an hour of watching the kids play this, even our energetic border collie was quickly asleep. Need I say more.

Watch the films; classic brilliance, game....not so much.
on 22 March 2016
I love it! It's obviously not as smooth and graphically glorious as modern games but it's open world and fun. As a huge Godfather fan I had to get this and I'm not dissappointed. Would like a Godfather 3 released in the same mould as modern day GTA's but until then, this'll do just fine.
on 5 May 2009
I never played the first Godfather game so I cant compare them but The Godfather II is a GREAT game!

Im guessing theyve used everything from Saints Row because it has that feel (the way you change weapons is the same) and it looks very much like it.

The only problem I've had so far is that when i raided a bank and tried to get away police officers were spawning everywhere. I'd kill all I could see then turn round and four more had appeared out of nowhere!

All in all a good game, if you like the kinda game where you run around killing people, beating people up with some running of businesses thrown in buy this game!
on 31 May 2009
Ok, firstly answer that question, your responce will make a huge difference.

If you liked Godfather 1 (like me) then this will be like a better version of that with some real improvements in both gameplay and size.

If you DIDN'T like the first instalment of this series I would avoid this. Like I say, it's basically a step on from that and not a massive step either.

Overall a good, fun game but don't go into it expecting GTA style realism. One for the funs of the first game.
on 17 May 2013
I bought this for my son, he tells me its a fun game with a good story line, this has used up many hours of his precious time lol, he definitely recommends it :)

See one answered question