on 24 March 2009
We saw Bellowhead live in 2008 and were blown away. The DVD can't reproduce the energy that we felt when we saw them live, that drives this huge band on stage, but it does it's best. You get your moneysworth, 98 minutes of concert with all the songs we saw live, performed brilliantly, and 45 minutes or irrelevant chatter and film of a car park. But the other extra feature, 25 minutes of Jon Spiers on Bellowhead, gives a fascinating insight into the formation of the band. Overall a good buy for anybody who's seen and enjoyed them live or on TV.
on 24 June 2009
This is a must have for any Bellowhead fan. I found myself jumping around my living room and laughing out loud at the antics of Andy Mellon and Brendan Kelly! Buy it and enjoy it!
on 21 March 2009
Demonstrating superb musicianship, creativity and originality (plus not a little wit and showmanship) Bellowhead have produced a great show that I will go back to over and over again!

The extras are substantial and interesting (interviews, background to the band, introductions etc) and the music has really moved English folk music on. Only one song from Matachin (which I personally don't rate much), all the rest from Burlesque and the first EP, plus a couple not available on CDs.

I really enjoyed this DVD (I've since bought a couple more copies as gifts) and what's more, you can tell they enjoyed it too! :)
on 19 April 2009
The concert is well filmed and the sound mix is good. The band themselves are on top form and you get 98 minutes worth of songs and tunes. So, top marks so far.
I can't think of many people who'd buy this dvd for the extra's which is just as well. Only the interview with Jon Spiers is worth watching. The rest is silliness with the band and a hand held video camera.
I was going to deduct a star for this "filler" but the concert is so good that it deserves top marks.
on 2 June 2009
Having seen Bellowhead a couple of times and really enjoyed their live performances we were very pleased with this DVD it captured the atmosphere and was a good cross section of their material.
on 20 December 2010
The picture quality is a bit grainny but the sound quality is pretty good. They are not really a band that record live all that well, but this is a worthwhile release from their early years.
on 13 February 2009
What a fantastic DVD this is. Delayed from before Christmas its so worth the wait.
The pure exuberant energy of the band shines through. It makes me smile every time i watch it. Great fun to watch people just loving what they do.
Excellent musicianship with amazing arrangements.
on 10 January 2011
I first saw Bellowhead on Jools Hollands Later TV program and was immediately taken by their energy end enjoyment.

Watching video on Youtube convinced me to purchase the DVD and I am pleased that I did. It captures Bellowhead doing what they do best - play live. It is only here that the sheer enjoyment of their music comes across.

I have heard recorded material from their CD's but, in my opinion, the music lacks the vitality of their lives performances.

The music is not for everyone and I suggest a watch on Youtube first to see if you like them. Sloe Gin is a particular favourite.

Why only 4 stars. Because the recording quality is not great. The cameras struggle in the low light and the picture suffers as a result. The extras are OK. So 5 stars for the group, their music and their performance. 3 Stars for the extras and 3 stars for the picture quality - 4 overall.
on 30 March 2011
A DVD can never match the live experience but this is as good as you'll get in your living room.
on 16 October 2015
Discovered Bellowhead in 2014 and was saddened and confused by news of their ending. This totally joyous concert (and extras) will be a continually uplifting memento but also goes some way to explaining the split - perhaps they just aren't having as much fun today as they obviously were then. As audience today I can still attest to their brilliance but, if I had been at this concert maybe I would be noticing that they aren't as happy now. Am gong to farewells - hope there will be a DVD of those too.