Platform: Nintendo Wii|Change
Price:£13.92+ £1.80 shipping

on 15 March 2009
The oldies are the best, this was a pressie for my son for his 11th birthday. He absolutely loves it for wii. Already own for gamecube but loves being able to play with new wii control. Played on it for hours. I've had a go with him but he's just far too good. If you want realistic tennis then this game is probably not for you but if you want tennis with + fun then i'd definately recommend.
on 12 October 2009
Bought this game for my son's 7th Birthday & he's not stopped playing it!!!!

It tires him out (which for all parents is a bonus) and has so much fun when he plays it.

Great tool for improving hand eye co-ordination, excellent very pleased.
on 17 August 2009
I played this game for hours on the gamecube and loved it and was very excited to see it released on Wii. It's a direct port of the gamecube game, which I knew, but there is a major problem. The controls are awful on the wii. Apparently different types of swing should get different responses, however they seem completely arbitrary and you end up just wiggling the controller and seeing what happens. I have managed a lob shot twice ever and I have tried hundreds of times and easy shots are regularly missed due to lack of, or slow, response. Tennis feels like a game that should suit the wii but the controls are just too vague. Buy a copy of this secondhand for the gamecube and a gamecube controller and play this as it was originally intended. That way it will be brilliant.
The latest from the Mario games, It is not in the same league as Mario and sonic at the Olympics or Mario Galley (but what is?) but still very enjoyable as a two or four player game.

It is a game that needs to be played a number of times before you can start to really enjoy It, controls are Okay use the Nunchuk It makes the game harder and more enjoyable. you don't really need to do much to return the ball, but you can with a lot of practise effect the way It is delivered, the power shots are okay but not that exciting, nothing that we haven't seen before.

First time I played it I was easily beater by my little boy who is 5 and I am competitive.

I can also see this being a good game with a few adult friends with a few drinks.

They are loads of different types of games, which will take a while to find your way through.

I enjoy a Wii game that my Boy and his cousin (both 5) can play together, it is a joy to see them laughing , and this game made them both laugh, jump up and down, and be bamboozled all at the same time, Excellent!

Another excellent game for the Wii.
on 28 March 2009
I love to play Wii Sports Tennis. I'm pro at it, and only a few people can beat me. Since I love it so much, I naturally bought Mario Power Tennis.(MPT) I regret it sooo much. That said, it's not badly made.

My main problem with the game is it's just too easy. For starters, the ball moves much slower than it does in Wii Sports. So it mskes it much easier to hit. Also, it's impossible for the ball to go out. Even if it does, you still get the point. The game won't let you make an error in swinging the racket either. In this aspect, you can say this game is aimed at younger children. I quote my Dad: "Wii Sports Tennis is a sport. MPT is a game." This may not make complete sense to anybody reading this, but I'm sure any other reviewers will agree with me.

The minigames. There are hardly any. I only really enjoy Artist on the Court, but the lack of minigames can be compensated with the exibihtion and tournament modes.

The graphics look great. They're in full 3-D, and they're very colourful.

This is not a bad game. They made it well. It's just to easy. If you're a hardcore Wii Sports Tennis fan, don 't buy this game. You will regret it. Stick to Wii Sports. But if you're considering buying this for your child who's age 4-7, I can't recommend it more. It's great for the younger age group. But if you have amazing skill at the Wii, this game is a waste of money.
on 8 March 2009
i brought this game today and have just played on it for half hour this is a really fun game i think it is the best tennis game ever its not just any normal tennis its a family fun game for those who play on the wii buy it you will not be sorry its way better that wii sports tennis and sonic tennis i would love to see this sell out.

now for the reason why i like it. because you can power the ball play with weapons fire stuff at them toss ball through the rings and see if you can score more. there is a game where you can play two players and bat the ball at a wall with the face of mario who ever gets there quicker wins the game you can also knews the numchuk and the wii remote when you buy this you wont be sorry this may be another popular game for wii so please dont wait but it now for the family.
on 29 April 2009
This is a brilliant game my son (8) and all his friends love it and it has lasted much longer than most others, which usually get replaced with a new favourite within weeks. Seems to be lots of challenges to complete and they never get bored!!!
on 29 July 2013
It's not a bad game, far from it, but the controls for me took a while to get a good understanding. Before you play, make sure you read through the instruction manual. Graphics are bold, and are consistent with the other Mario games. Character selection is okay but you wish Nintendo added some more fresh faces from other series (per chance a super smash bros tennis game?). It's definitely not a realistic tennis game (it's Mario after all...) but its still good fun to play (I like activating the trick shots myself). I would say this game is actually less repetitive than wii sports tennis, considering the control issue. Wii sport tennis feels a bit like swinging and then swinging again, at least with this theres more option in moving, court style and moves etc.
The GameCube version of the game is better (only for control) but those without a GameCube...and are looking for something different than wii sports tennis, can do no wrong here.
on 29 June 2011
This is a great game for kids, my 5 year old loves to play tennis with his favorite characters. It is clearly not a real tennis game, but he does not care. He loves all the special powers and the different and silly courts. His dad, the other wii player in our house, does not like it at all, that's why I am saying it is good for kids only. This is our son's second favorite game after Mario Karts.
on 9 January 2011
Have 3 kids 10, 5, 3 1/2 and they all love this!! My 3 1/2 yr old calls it mario hitting!!! cos he already loves mario driving and mario walking! Its a fun game to play. An all rounder!