Customer reviews

Contragel green 60ml
Price:£12.00+ Free shipping

on 23 August 2016
Awesome stuff. Vegan, natural etc. Little bit sticky after having sex for a while.

Do not use if you are doing FAM as it will make your cervical fluid appear diluted and so it will be inaccurate.
on 1 March 2016
Other gels give me a horrible rash, the less said about that the better. This one give me no such issue, and I have been using it for the last 2.5 years with no problems. I do wish it wasn't so expensive, but I suppose one can't have everything.
on 15 August 2013
This is a very good product for those looking for a natural spermicide. I have been using it regularly for quite a while now, and I give it my full 100% recommendation.

As part of my hormone-free contraceptive plan, I use a FemCap while I am ovulating to prevent pregnancy. The problem is cervical caps (and Diaphragms, which I was using previously) both require a spermicide gel to be put around the perimeter of the device. Now, the whole reason I gave up hormones was so that I could keep things as natural and chemical free as possible, and it felt counter-productive to be putting on this chemical gel that would kill sperm. Not to mention that sometimes I ended up with irritation from the harsh compounds.

This product is the perfect solution for those looking to keep things totally 100% green, natural, and Eco-friendly. It has really good ingredients, and does the job well.

I also like that the tube come in a generous size. Other spermicide gels I've used come in very small tubes that seem to be finished after just a few uses.
on 15 October 2016
Well my wife is pregnant so not really a fan of this product 😞
Should have stuck to the usual product
I know no contraception is 100% but to conceive on the first use 😭
Still we somehow have good looking kids and they're well loved so we'll squeeze another one in
on 19 January 2015
Quick delivery. Used with condom to be safer as not 100% sure how much to apply,
on 25 June 2015
So much better than Gygel! I don't feel this at all, perfect
on 3 October 2013
Contragel is the perfect spermicide alternative for those looking into barrier methods of contraception but who experience irritation from regular spermicides. My partner felt a burning sensation from all the other spermicides, but we have been using this product for a couple of months now are both super pleased. A great buy.
on 29 October 2015
I purchased this about six months ago and thankfully I still have some left. It comes in a size of 60ml and looks very similar in terms of the NHS spermicide. However, the consistency of this feels a little bit thicker and the smell is different, however it is a good smell, I prefer it better. So far it has done a good job and I use it along with my diaphragm.

I have uploaded some pictures to demonstrate how much I have so far used and to show that a bit of residue can build up from the gel which is left at the top near the lid, so just make sure you give it a wipe. The tube does have tendency to be easily squashed a bit to much so sometimes I accidently get more gel then I need. Overall, I would recommend it because I am alergic to spermicide and got an unpleasant UTI from using it. After I switched to using this, I do not ever feel itchy or irritated, I feel perfectly normal.

The only downside to this is that it is quite costly and some people may use it regularly so it would run out quickly and it is not cheap to buy on a regular basis for how much comes in the tube. However, I do not believe that this is enough to reduce the quality of the product and so I would recommend this product if you are allergic to spermicide or just want a more natural product to use with your contraception.
review image review image
on 2 February 2015
Awful vile stuff! Both very irritated after use & I'm not usually that sensitive to products. AVOID!
on 16 May 2016
Very good product that does not cause irritation or allergic reaction - give it a try!

See one answered question