on 6 January 2016
yeah same old problem does not load on windows 7 platform considering this is a different company and newer version I decided to waste more money on this newer version expecting it to load and guess what it did not.now considering windows 7 is getting a little bit past its sell by date I expected problems with loading on the original version to have been ironed out on this newer version but no such deal so I almost consider this to be a case of fraud in that it is not stated in description will not work on windows 7 platform so there you go more money wasted on this tripe...
on 1 February 2016
one of those games that give you a real nostalgia feeling. played this game allot in my kid years. just a fun game to play online
on 20 February 2013
A Great game of it's time.I guess it is the fore runner to the the types of shoot em ups that we have today.
I first had this game some years ago,when it first came out.And like thousands of others it blew me away(No Pun)
It had great graphics and great game play.

Anyway when we moved home my copy of this game got lost along the line some where.
And i decided that at some point i would try and get hold of it again.
So when i saw these two games at a bargain basement price.

I thought great,let the nostalgia begin.Two great games to chill out with when you fancy a easy evening on your PC.
OK the graphics and sound effects are dated.But so what for me this is the daddy of the shoot em ups.
on 30 January 2016
loaded up but wont run i have since been told its a comon problem
on 9 January 2012
I have long been a player of FPS games but this game is a revelation. It actually does all the things you ask it to do and with a little dexterity the game is a pleasure to play. I would advise all fans of FPS to expend the purchase price for hours of joy.
on 31 May 2011
Looks and feels dated by today's standards but still a lot of fun to be had for the money, good for some nostalgia and uncomplicated fun.
on 14 June 2011
This is a fantastic FPS game & if you dont own it i suggest you buy it ASAP.
You will not be disappointed i promise.
on 8 July 2014
Great fun, classic game
VINE VOICEon 24 April 2010
I know it's an old game now but I thought I'd write a short review just in case.

First the good news, this game pack consists of the main `Medal of Honour Allied Assault' game and an add on `Spearhead'. It runs without mods under Win 7. I'd better clarify that statement a little, the main game runs but only for the training session on my computer (Dell Studio XPS i7 64 bit mode). No matter how many times I completed the training that was the only option offered, I was unable to progress further. However, `Spearhead' does run O.K. The following comments on the game are based on playing that part of the pack medium difficulty.

The graphics are quite good, a long way short of brilliant but not bad. The scenery and men look O.K. Now the bad, that's as good as it gets as the A.I. is poor and the scenario termination clause is totally un-realistic. E.g. the Germans tend to run around a bit like headless chickens and are very easy to kill, they drop with one or at most 2 shots, it takes a few (quite a few) shots to kill your character. But the thing that really `kills' (pardon the pun) the game for me is that fact that if the captain is killed then it's back to square one. So no matter what you do, no matter how many Germans you manage to kill, no matter how many houses etc you clear, if he gets killed - something which happens with great frequency - then that's it, back you go to start again. To me this makes little sense as I'm very sure that everyone didn't pack up and go home just because their officer got shot!

In general the game in nowhere near as immersive or as enjoyable, for me it just does not have the same keep playing factor as the various `Call of Duty' games so my advice is if you have a choice don't buy this get one of them and really enjoy yourself shooting pixels. :-) YMMV.
on 2 May 2012
I am not a big fan of shooters but really liked bioshock and farcry. With this game the AI is frustrating and unless the game is played in a very specific way i.e. as the AI expects you to play it then you just keep getting shot dead. Having completed the game I promptly cut the disc into pieces with a sharp pair of scissors and put it in the bin where it belongs. I found it very annoying but hey if have the patience for this type of game then its reasonably priced but personally I'd rather look elsewhere as there are many well priced games on the market today, much more enjoyable than this nonsense

See one answered question