on 31 August 2009
I bought this to upgrade from the Scala Rider I had with my TomTom rider 2 since I now have a regular pillion passenger. In short the product is excellelnt. I've used it over 70 miles today, and it worked flawlessly. You do have to ensure the mike is positioned directly in line with your mouth, and the intercom then is fine. Up to an indicated 90 on the Guzzi Norge, it was brilliant. Need to try the mobile withit, but this is much better than the Scala Rider and I'm so pleased with the upgrade
25 people found this helpful
on 23 January 2013
This product held so much promise and potentially was going to be awesome. The concept, ie, wireless communication between 2 ppl on a bike was just what we wanted. However the design of the product leaves plenty to be desired. Between myself and my partner, we tried to fit the unit to 5 different helmets and it wouldn't clip to any of them without damaging the helmet. The only option was to glue the unit to the outside of the helmet. No doubt this would work but it is a permanent option. You cannot remove it and use it on another helmet so if you wanted to use the product with someone else, you can't. If you want to replace your helmet you would have to replace the unit too. If the unit breaks down, you have permanently attached it to your helmet... bad news if you've got a really expensive helmet and you have to replace it! I sent it back and bought something else with a more sensible design.... oh, it was also half the price.
5 people found this helpful
on 5 September 2012
I found these units easy to fit to my helmet, using the clamps attached to the product. The bluetooth setup was quite straightforward, which was a relief as I am not sure the technology is perfect yet! I found this product to be a great improvement on my previous "mono-aural" scala headset. Sound quality is good, even though I wear earplugs to cut out excess noise. My new helmet has got a recess for the microphone but I imagine on older lids the mike might be a bit of a tight fit. Rider/Pillion reception was good, even at high speeds on the motorway.

If you are prepared to take the time to experiment with volume controls etc you can get these units set up very nicely, I found it difficult and distracting to attempt to change sound volume whilst driving so I think its best to invest in a bit of trial and error at home first.

The little pouches for carrying the units around are a neat touch; preventing any damage - I usually take the units off the helmet and store them in top box or panniers when leaving the bike.

Overall very pleased with the product
2 people found this helpful
on 21 February 2016
Very good piece of equipment for communication between rider and pillion and also receiving satnav instructions. Have not used it for all its other possible uses.
on 18 May 2013
Fitts well to helmet but to quite to hear at speed also to complex
to understand written information in box a lot to pay for comms
on 23 November 2010
Really great motorcycle communication. Love the voice activated duplex with pillion. Mobile phone link is great and voice dialing is good. Have held a conversation at 70mph with no problems. In fact the caller didn't believe I was on a bike. Really great product and well worth the money.
3 people found this helpful
on 25 February 2015
good
|0Comment|Report abuse
on 12 February 2014
delivery was very quick/good value and easy to fix to crash helmet,charged and both sets logged to blue tooth easily happy days
on 17 May 2010
At first I was a little disappointed that I couldn't clamp the microphone and base unit to my crash helmet (usual procedure) and had to glue it - basically because I had a "top end" helmet (a BMW)rather than a cheap one! However, the glueing method worked very well and provides a much neater look. The "top end" design of my helmet also prevented me neatly hiding the speaker wires between the shell and the lining and having to run the mic boom outside the helmet and then up under my chin each time I put it on is a little inconvenient...... BUT.... those niggles aside.... the operation (so far) is impressive. I have used the wired connection to listen to my iPod and although the volume through the speakers seems to be limited and a little "tinny", and so a bit low at high speed, the quality of sound through those same speakers when using my mobile phone at Motorway speeds can't be faulted. On every occasion of use, the caller had no idea that I was on a motorbike doing 100 miles an hour (on a German Autobahn before you wonder!), and asked me not to talk so loudly (I thought I was competing with the wind noise!) Once I got used to it, my voice level was no different to speaking on my home or office phone.

So far everything works as advertised and very well. This weekend, I will take my pillion out and we will check the intercom at riding speeds. Conversation to date has consisted of sitting on the sofa side-by-side wearing our crash helmets, and that worked well, although I had to draw the blind in the living room to avoid awkward questions from the neighbours across the street!!
12 people found this helpful
on 25 April 2011
First one received didn't work, eventually managed to return it, accepted another on condition it was checked before despatch, it didn't work. Sent it back, didn't get postage refunded as promised.
One person found this helpful