on 21 April 2009
This is a great cable and does exactly what I was looking for. I use this to connect my Macbook Pro (FireWire 800) to my old Sony DCR-TRV22E mini dv camcorder (FireWire / i.Link), and can upload and control the camera from the MacBook without any problems at all.

The cable feels solid and well made, the connectors fit securely at both ends. Highly recommended.
on 7 November 2014
Having purchased a firewire cable from a local shop, I found that the connector was too big for my Macbook. Purchased this cable after reading reviews saying that it would fit, and it does, downloaded old DV Tapes into Final Cut Pro X without any problems.
on 23 November 2013
Wanted to transfer mimidv from my old firewire camera to my macbook pro via a thunderbolt adaptor and this is just what I needed.
Plug and play, I was amazed it worked and was so easy.
Only thing I don't like is that the lead was short and curved and I didn't like to straighten it out as I didn't know if I would damage the cable by doing that.
Really really pleased though, great quality lead.
on 16 November 2012
The cable connects my camera to my MBP+R and there are no issues all frames are transferred although it is only a 720p camera but I assume full HD would be the same as there is sufficient bandwidth on FW800.
on 18 April 2013
The quality is good, and the plugs on each and make it possible to attach the cable to the same shaped sockets. In this case it's FireWire 800 to iLink - or mini-FireWire as found on many DV cameras. It works fine. Bit short, to be honest, but that's really my fault.
on 8 January 2016
A good, strong, well constructed lead. At this price I was impressed. Because it was so good I bought a different length one afterwards for a different application.
on 2 October 2015
Great item. Plug and Play. Very easy to use. Connected to my camcorder and was recognised immediately. I captured my 1st Video within minutes.
on 25 March 2013
I bought this to connect a Sony MiniDV handycam to my Mac, to download videos directly onto the computer using iMovies - worked a treat!
on 2 January 2014
Very good quality, flexible and works as advertised.
If you need a VERY short FW cable, go for it.
Recommended
on 7 August 2014
Excellent product with 1st class delivery and packaging at a great price. Say no more!