on 15 September 2016
..trying to bring my old digital camera back to life.
And the memory card reader is limited to only 4Gb, hence this fine old memory card.
The few places that sell them charge a premium for the retro tech. This was the cheapest and it works perfectly.
So my old digital camera is now back up and running, so the kids can play with it until it breaks..
Good value.
3 people found this helpful
on 5 July 2015
Was absolutely fine at first. Couple of weeks of use it it keeps telling me that it needs to be formatted. Keep formatting it but still does not work as it should. Used it today to take important photographs of a WI Centenary Event. The card, despite being OK when I checked all the equipment this morning, was telling me to format it. I did this twice with no joy. Thank goodness I had my Panasonic Lumix G1 camera with me which uses the tried and trusted SD card. I know I should probably send it back but to be honest it is too much hassle. Downside - I ordered another one! I am just hoping that it is better than the first one.
on 25 February 2016
Not so good I am afraid. One card is OK, but the other has failed completely. Ran off a host of photographs of a Sparrowhawk in the garden, eating a collared dove that it had caught and killed.
After appearing to capture these images, after about 40 pictures I was suddenly given an alarm message saying the card was faulty.
I am at alos as to what to do, but I will think carefully before buying Kingston Compact Flash Cards again.
2 people found this helpful
on 6 January 2015
Firstly, let me say I am not using these cards in a camera. I use them in firewall/routers to store config data, DHCP leases, etc.

This is often considerably more demanding than camera use - we're writing small files every few seconds, rather than writing large files every few minutes or hours, as you would with photo storage.

These cards are usually okay for about 6 months, after which they start to display write errors. I can only presume their wear levelling algorithms are either heavily tweaked for photo file sizes, or are insufficient to the task.
on 14 June 2011
Bought this to enable lots of shooting in RAW using my Canon EOS 350D for trip to Thailand. Performed faultlessly with no noticeable speed or buffering hold-ups, though I don't ever use rapid fire so can't comment on this. At the price, this seems unbeatable, unless you want ultra-fast performance.

Update: Disappointingly, as of August 2012 the card refuses to upload images to my computer any more, after over a year of faultless performance in my Canons. Has to be this card as dozens of other CF cards that I own continue to work fine. Shame.
8 people found this helpful
on 5 November 2016
Great memory card for my cannon camera. Happy with this purchase
on 18 May 2017
Bought for Canon DSLR camera. Capacity of pictures which can be stored is great. Works fine. Totally satisfied.
on 16 December 2013
Not much to say about this really, Kingston have always been a very trustworthy brand and this product maintains their reputation well.

I bought this to replace a faulty Compact Flash that died on me which meant I couldn't use my SLR. As soon as I received the card, I put it into my camera and it work straight away with no issues. I can't say how good it's lifetime is, but I have good faith in Kingston as I've used them for computer parts before now and they're one of the most trusted brands.

I would certainly recommended this - No flaws as of yet and does the job perfectly! Not to mention it's cheap as chips!
on 11 February 2016
Good value flash card. Works perfectly as a disk replacement in an iPod mini.

Update: I purchased three of these. One works fine. Two are duff. Can't write to them and can't reformat them. Sent back. If you get a good one they are good.
on 26 April 2016
I have been using this in my 5D classic for a while now and have had no issues, whilst it does not give the great speeds required for modern cameras its great value to revitalise an older DSLR that doesn't need high write speeds where spending more money would just be a waste.