Price:£11.99 - £29.77

on 10 May 2011
Another exellent product from 'York Fitness'. The cheapest I could find this in any high street store, was in 'Argos' at £19:99. I am a 40 inch waste and the large was just the right size, as I intend to loose weight around my waist. Any bigger than 40 inches and you would really need a bigger size. The width is just right to give enough support, while not to wide to restrict your movement. There is just enough padding to make it comfortable, without loosing the support too.
on 5 May 2014
Well, where do I start. The belt is poorly made - probably why the price is so cheap. The belt was difficult to get off as the safety pins are too long and bent the wrong way. It's as if the person in the factory has put them on backwards. The best work around I found was to take a screwdriver and a Stanley Knife to the belt holes and make these a bit bigger so that the pins can slide out of them a bit easier when removing the belt. Then I took a hammer to the pins to bend them the other way. Doing this has made the belt a bit easier to take off and put on - hopefully there won't be an embarrassing moment in the gym later on today!

Now that I have done all of that - hopefully the belt will do its job! It probably needs worn a few times before it gives a little bit, just like a new pair of shoes I imagine. Should have read the reviews before purchase as I would have probably gone for one of the more expensive belts. Such is life.
on 26 July 2013
I saw this in argos for more than double the price so I was a bit worried I might get something inferior at first. It's fine though, it's a good quality belt and a good price. I got the small for my 30" waist and it's a perfect fit, It could also be used for 32" or 28" with no problem.
on 3 June 2014
Just ordered it the other day and it comes straight away, so great service there.

I've grown up with York products, over the years and so it was a no brainer, some 18 months ago when I REALLY started to hit the iron, to use their dumbbells, barbells and free weights. I graduated to a top quality bench and, as I have stared to use heavier weights and lower reps, and having back issues and injuries in the past, decided on a weight belt to give me some support.

And support it does! Have started using it in my workouts and although it feels odd, initially, I know that it's there for protection.

It feels sturdy (what a crazily big box it came in!) and looks well made.

A good product and one that'll last my lifetime....at least!
on 29 July 2013
It is ok but it leaves a lot of rubbed material on your clothes each time you use it, it gets better after using it for a while but not great. Either way worth the money to try a belt out but I would buy a better quality next time
on 19 August 2016
I’m really pleased with the belt, it feels like it is made of excellent quality materials, nice padded rear that is not too bulky but helps on the lower back, it looks pretty good too.

Sizing, be careful. I'm a constant size 34" waist in all shops and clothing types yet when I bought the recommended size for a 34" waist (large) I found it to be way too small and had to send it back; I like to have at least two belt holes free when I wear a belt and I had none. The retailer exchanged the belt no problem which was great but if you are buying the belt be careful with the sizing, I’ve ended up with the 2X-large which is great and as a good few extra belt holes.
on 6 October 2016
This is very strong belt, i've used York equipment for many years and they've never failed me with quality.
I've got the medium size belt and it fits me well even when I lose or gain weight throughout the year.
The metal belt hooks are very thick and strong and won't be breaking any time soon, the belt itself is quite thick.
There is a padded back support on the inner part of the belt which cushions your lower back so there is no discomfort.
I use this during squatting and heavy overhead pressing, I definitely recommend this if you are lacking in that extra lower back support that is holding you back from bigger lifts.
on 31 March 2013
Just got this belt a few days ago and if I be honest it isn't as good as people make it out to be. I have problems with fasteners (2 pins) and also it leaves marks on my clothes, comes off from the belt. Once fastened it is hard to take off, like really hard. I am disappointed with this product, the price is exceptionally cheap, I have seen this belt on sale for much more. However personally I would pay more to get a higher quality belt!! Every time I bend down to pick up the barbell, the belt doesn't stay in place-even though I have it on tightly. Unfortunately I have wasted my money, and will indefinitely have to purchase another one.
on 24 March 2013
great belt quality, bought large size, fits fine, should have gone for an xl , im 15 and a half stones, so anyone else have a waist over 38, go for the xl, awesome belt though.
on 21 June 2011
Bought to replace a belt my husband has used for many years, good comfortable fit,padding in back for extra comfort. Good quality leather at an affordable price. Check you order the correct size, especially if there is a bit more of you to fit into the belt than there used to be.