on 15 May 2004
I have listened to this album many,many times over and i still am not bored with this mix of great music by one of the greatest country artist ever.
To start with a song like the gambler is pure genius, and songs like daytime friends and when two fools collide still pull at my heart strings, and songs like coward of the county and long arm of the law are songs that will make any man feel manly.
i reccomend you buy it and see for yourself.
if you are a true country listner you will agree with me when you listen to it.
on 23 June 2017
I must admit I was never a great lover of country music but as I've got older I'm starting to appreciate it more. This album is good it took me back to the 70s and 80s when I was but a pup.
on 21 May 2017
excellent album
on 29 November 2013
This CD has all his very best hits on it and some songs which were not such a success but nevertheless every track is a jem!
on 16 August 2017
Good country and western music lady written by Lionel Richie is a classic and worth price of album alone
on 27 November 2014
Very good
All Kenny's important British hits are here except Islands in the stream (a duet with Dolly Parton that can be found on her compilations) although Ruby don't take your love to town (a UK number two hit), Something's burning (a UK top ten hit) and Reuben James are solo re-recordings of songs that Kenny originally recorded with the First Edition. They don't sound very different from the originals.
Kenny had two number one hits in the UK (Lucille, Coward of the county) and a top twelve hit with Lady (his biggest American hit - it spent several weeks at number one). Three minor UK hits - Daytime friends, She believes in me and We've got tonight (a duet with Sheena Easton) are also included. All three fared much better in America, where Kenny had many other hits.
Of Kenny's American hits that failed to chart in Britain, the most famous is probably The gambler, which is here along with Don't fall in love with a dreamer (a duet with Kim Carnes), Till I can make it on my own (a duet with Dottie West), You decorated my life, Sweet music man (written by Kenny but covered by several major country singers including Waylon Jennings, Dolly Parton, Tammy Wynette and Reba McEntire) and Every time two fools collide (another duet with Dottie West).
There are many American hits missing (among them being Love lifted me, Love or something like it, Through the years, Love the world away, Love will turn you around, Scarlet fever) but Long arm of the law (first released on the Lady compilation in the early eighties) is here, together with Kenny's excellent covers of Son of Hickory Holler's tramp (O C Smith), Green green grass of home (a country hit for Porter Wagoner that later became an international pop hit for Tom Jones), Desperado (Eagles) and Abraham Martin and John (an American hit for Smokey Robinson and the Miracles but a British hit for Marvin Gaye).
There are many compilations of his music to choose from including double CD's and boxed sets, but as an introduction to Kenny's music, this is exactly what British customers want - plenty of his own hits and a few choice covers.
on 3 July 2017
Never bought this c/d
on 25 March 2017
Song 8 onwards skiped very badly, cd went in the bin the day I got it!! Useless! I don't recommend buying from this seller!!
on 1 August 2012
I've been a Kenny fan since my late teens and this album definitely does him justice - nothing to fault - love it, love it, love it!