Why review a razor? Because I feel that one has to say something about the cost that is becoming eye watering to be honest.

I bought these on line as I realised after some years just how expensive refill cartridges were becoming for top brand razors. I mean you can spend ten quid on four heads for some of them and they only last a week or so. It has become a bit of an unseen rip off in Britain now.

So, rather than buy from the usual places on the high street I figured that I'd buy on line. Gotta be cheaper, yeah?
Not much seems to be the answer.

These were as cheap as I could find from a reliable source. And they are not exactly cheap are they?

They of course work well as do all the major brands and one would expect nothing else. However I do have a point to note here. I have a tendency to not shave for a couple of days now and again and my facial hair grows quickly and is quite thick. If I shave daily then these razors will last quite well - I'll get a week out of one refill. However if the stubble grows a bit then within one shave the head becomes unusable. I'm an engineer by profession and it's clear that the fault lies in the design of the clearance space. It's just too small and tends to block easily. If you compare these to the Gillette M Power blades you will see that on the Gillette head there is almost nothing behind the blade to stop the cut hair from hanging around. The Wilkinson Sword heads however have a long closed space. So if you shave very regularly the hair is small and passes easily but if you leave it too long them you have just wasted a few quid.

The M Power blades are way OTT expensive, but on reflection I think that I probably get more shaves per pound from that design that this cheaper type.
on 10 October 2010
Classic old fashioned price gouge by retail price monopoly control, but very effective cutting edge technology :-)

Use the electric razor to save money and have a treat with a safety razor wet shave other days?

I agree with the comments elsewhere that they block because the cuttings are not able to get away from the back of the razor. RUBBISH DESIGN for the money they charge. Soak 'em in Sulphuric acid?

I'm fed up with Tesco's complete inability to manage their over priced razor blade stock so will now buy on line exclusively.
on 12 November 2011
Having bought these on the High Street I noticed that the quality seemed to have been compromised with the blades becoming blunt after a couple of days use. I decided to try buying them elsewhere.

So far these have not gone blunt like those bought on the High Street.

Buying them in bulk here worked out a little cheaper and so far the quality of the blades has proved to be as I would expect.

Those bought on the High Street must have been some cheap imports although sold at the expensive price as regular ones?

The coloured strip also came away after the second shave with those bought on the High Street.

If you have experienced the same as me give these a go. The colour strip remains intact during use and they retain their quality without blunting after minimal use.
on 21 July 2011
The blades are good and certainly better quality than the newest products from wilinson, however I wouldn't advise customers to purchase from Amazon via AoE Performance. I wrote a bad criticism about Aoe because of their postal costs. AoE promised to refund costs if I removed the criticism, which I did. Still waiting, one month later, for the refund. Moral of the story? purchase direct from Amazon if possible, be very wary of the marketplace.
on 12 June 2011
i shave every day and these are the most comfortable razors i have tried on the market today
never nicked or irritated me and i have tried many. pity they are taking them off the market
take the point from other users but not an issue for me. if you are not an occasional stubble
man these are the best.
on 1 July 2015
They are not what they say they fit in mm