on 11 November 2010
When the box arrived my son was very excited, and all his friends at school were envious. We had great fun filling the pots with dried fruit, nuts etc. and there was still room for a sandwich or roll, and a small bottle of water. Unfortunately, after a few months, the hinge (which is a strip of thin plastic) has completely torn through and the box is useless. Expensive for something that lasts for such a short time.
11 Comment| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 June 2009
I have gotten into packed lunch in a big way since acquiring this beauty. The little boxes get you sorted for those in between times in the day and can hold nuts, crisps, dried fruit or chocoloate :o)

The size is perfect for a hearty eater and can easily accommodate the whole day's grazing. And it looks super stylish and gets lots of interested passers by commenting and getting 'lunchbox envy'. Yeah.
on 15 July 2010
After reading the other reviews I think I was expecting something really special as lunch boxes go but must admit to being a little disappointed. The clip is flimsy but the pots very sturdy so much so I had difficulty getting them opened. I won't be recommending product as in my view not worth the money.
on 10 January 2012
This is a brilliant lunch box, great design. It is easy to clean properly (unlike the soft wipe-clean types) and the size is just right. The optional insulating cover washes well (hand wash or gentle cycle).

My 4 year old and my 7 year old have both had these for nearly 2 years now. They (and I) love the little pots that are easy to open for children. I can fit in ice packs (search on Amazon for action lunch box chillers, they are the most durable), a spoon, cut up fruit and veg in the pots, a small sandwich and a banana or another pot (I use baby food pots, perfect size) with dried fruit in, so they have a perfectly balanced lunch.

I did have trouble with the 2 lunch boxes, the hinges broke, but it was a slow process (nearly a year) and as I had the covers, the lunch boxes were still usable. Eventually I wrote to Concentrate asking if this was a particular batch that was faulty and would they give me a discount on the next set - the replied immediately and sent me 2 replacements free of charge!

Highly recommended, great product.
on 5 June 2012
Brilliant box for any health freak! I use it to house my grapes, banana, apple, nutri-grain bars and sandwiches! The only downside is that if you're a teenager (which I am), and you use it lunch times in school, people will realise that the bottom (where the grapes and apple/orange go) looks like two balls (not the football type)! But I still use it and would recommend it to everybody, if you have the guts to use it! :) Thanks.
on 28 January 2009
I love this lunchbox! It really revolutionalised my day. It saves me a lot of money and I eat much healthier now, because I don't have to go for a food hunt when I get hungry whilst working. It is so good to have always some snacks with me during the day - always available when I need them. This lunchbox is ideal for it. It let's you have a creative lunch everyday. I am filling it up the night before with always different yummy sandwiches and lot's of different little snacks: fruit, veg, nuts, muslibars, joghurt...
I can fit fruit, vegetable and nuts perfectly in the box, because it is big enough and it comes with these really handy little pods.
Its eye-catching design makes it also really nice to carry it around, whenever I take out my lunchbox, people are very impressed by my great lunch :)
review image review image
on 28 July 2009
I bought this for my 3.5 year old, who was going to be eating picnic lunch each day in the park with her play-school class. EVERYONE thought it was cool: interesting shape, sleek thermal cover to keep it cool, with a handy carrying handle, spots to add her name on it, etc. Those two little "jars" are the BEST part: they hold all sorts of surprises, from cucumber and carrot sticks, to blueberries, to pieces of cold meat smothered in ketchup with a toothpick or two. There was plenty of room for a small bottle of juice, a small plastic container with some pasta salad, a wrapped up half sandwich, a sweet, napkin, plastic silverware. The only downside was that the box itself doesn't seal well so leftover juices leak out, but the clip that closes it is VERY robust so it'll never completely open by mistake (and thermal cover absorbs a lot ;-)!) Once one of the little jar leaked leftover juices, so the next time I had something drippy (cooked zucchini pieces with olive oil and salt), I put plastic wrap over the opening before I closed it, and had no trouble. It's not hermetic, but then again, that way my daughter can open it without help...
on 20 December 2011
We've had 3 of the plastic boxes so far, or rather, my 7 year son has. The first one lasted 6 months before he snapped the clasp off. The second not even a week before the hinge split. The third, 3 months - again the hinge split, we managed to patch it up to see him through until the end of term.
What a shame they aren't more durable. It's so nice to have a lunch box that can be properly washed of its mushy banana and yoghurt remnants. I'm not fan of the squishy bag type lunch boxes at all.
We are also on the second bag as the stitching came undone on the first.
Currently debating whether to go for the fourth box.....
on 15 December 2010
I've just brought a new one of these for my teenage son as the hinge on his previous one broke. If the hinge breaks the lunch box then becomes unusable. Most items stay intact and it does fit nicely into a back pack with school books ect. There is some trial an error to find which foods will stay in one piece as certain brands of yoghurt end up everywhere and homemade style mince pies do not stay in one piece until lunch time. In general far superior to the traditional lunch box.
on 13 June 2013
I bought this for my then 3yo to take to the childminder and nursery, as she wasn't a fan of sandwiches, and the pots were perfect for filling with dunkables like yoghurt and houmous and chopped fruit. Other reviewers are right; the hinge doesn't last forever, but ours didn't fall apart for four years (and another child-user) so I still reckon it's worth the cash as I don't have to spend ages faffing around to find which little pots fit inside other lunch boxes. I'm about to buy a replacement as daughter 2 wants to carry on the tradition.