TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 3 February 2009
Well if like myself you end up not buying the right duvet, a few months later they feel not as plump, warm or the filling goes to one side etc, then this could be the answer to your prayers, it was mine anyway.

I bought this one as it is duck down and also anti allergen, now I do have sensitive skin and have noticed that sometimes even the feathers in some pillows make me itch, so the line of thought was, duvets are expensive and I am fed up of replacing them with another, so in the long run I have probably spent more money on cheaper ones than just this one, plus not been as warm.

It feels quite light in comparison to the fibre filled duvets, but the difference in warmth is amazing (well it is now the coldest spell for quite some years now, and it is snowing) We end up going to bed early to just get snug under the duvet to watch a film in warmth.

In a morning you just plump it up, no filling going to just one side as it has square pockets all over it to stop that from happening. Also you don't feel like you are being trapped under a heavy weight, it feels nice and soft when changing the duvet cover, no sticking out itchy feather bits. Plus it hasn't fallen off the bed in the night, which always seemed to happen with others.

It does say that it can go into the washing machine, but if your machine is not a large loader I would say take it to the laundrette, as not only is it the washing but the drying you have to consider. I put a duvet in a washing machine sometime ago and actually caused the machine to become unbalanced, and I never heard the end of it from my husband. Lets just say it was an expensive duvet (new machine had to be bought).

Ideal for anyone who likes to be kept warm at night, thinking of getting some for the children's beds next as we are so impressed with ours.

Just wished that I had purchased one of these a long time ago.

Big problem is though come the weekend, we argue about who is going to get up first to take the dog round the garden.
on 30 August 2010
very very pleased very warm and cosy would recommend this product worth every penny very pleased with seller. was dispatched very quickley. and i also liked the idea of a phone number on there web page where you can ring and talk to a real person if you need any advice on a product. would defo place more orders with homescapes.
on 2 December 2011
At first I thought I might have to return this duvet. I had read some other reviews about the smell and 'noise' - but I thought I would give it a try.

After 2 weeks all the problems resolved themselves - so be patient if you are considering returning one.

[1] Flatness. Yes it did appear rather flat at first - but very quickly it plumped up - until now it is nicely fluffy. How they got it in the plastic bag I do not know. The pockets keep the feathers evenly distributed - something I had a problem with on my old duvet.

[2] The smell: Yes it does smell a fair bit at first. But I left it hanging over my bannister rail for 2 weeks (fluffing it up daily) - and now the problem has gone.

[3] Noise. Yes, it does rustle a bit - but nothing major.

I must say it is lovely and warm. It is weighty - but not heavy - if you know what I mean. I actually sleep a lot better now. My previous duvet was rather thin, and kept moving around the bed a lot. I ended up with cold feet - and kept waking up. This one stays in place beautifully - and I do not wake up - praise the Lord.

So if you are prepared to be patient with it - you will be rewarded. It is very good value for money and I highly recommend you try one.
on 27 November 2011
Has one major downside: one does not want to leave bed after getting this duvet! Super warm, but light at the same time, great buy all round. Had a slight smell when it arrived but after airing for a day it's not an issue at all.
on 1 March 2010
No need for bed sox with this cozy duvet. :)
I now know why I wasn't getting a good nights sleep - I was cold!
This duvet is deliciously warm, I'm really pleased with it.
on 20 June 2010
I cannot overstate the wonder that is this duvet. Highly reccommended. We have an unheated bedroom with an open fire and lots of drafts and this duvet works a treat.
on 3 October 2011
The best duvet I have ever purchased. Brilliant service by the Homescapes team. Also package arrived on time and hassle free, I might consider buying another very soon, very very very satisfied with product and price. Would recommend to anyone especially if you are allergic to dust and have a sensitive nose the anti allergen fabric really helps.
on 25 October 2011
Fantastic duvet, very warm and comfortable. Bought this as a replacement for our old duvet and we are not disappointed. Brilliant buy.
on 13 March 2016
This duvet is without a doubt the best i'd ever owned.

I was always under the impression a duck feather/down duvet would have to cost over £100 in order to be any good, so always went for the higher-end hollow fibre duvets. After getting a string of awful Silentnight duvets recently I decided to have a look at this Homescape one and it has turned out to be absolutely brilliant.

First impressions weren't all that great as it doesn't look very plump. Having left it out for a few hours and shaking it out a few times it starts to regain its proper shape.

First night sleeping it and I actually overslept the next morning as i'd had such an enjoyable nights sleep.

Highly recommended.
on 18 December 2015
I bought this because I get very cold, even in a centrally heated house and wanted a 15 tog rated duvet.
It is without doubt the warmest, most brilliant and cosy duvet I have ever encountered.
It smelt a bit for a day or two, but the smell soon vanished.
Very good value compared to John Lewis which is where I would normally buy my duvets from