on 7 October 2008
When I first saw that Steve Weber had written a book on Amazon retailing, I thought "Selling on Amazon is easy. Why would he write a book about it?" I just finished reading it, and it blew me away. There is so much about selling on Amazon that I didn't know.

Table of Contents:

Explore the Social Jungle
Pay-Per Click Advertising
Your Own Website
Amazon Advantage

The first thing I did after reading his book was change my seller ID. I didn't like the one I had, and I had no idea how to change it. Now it's fixed. After reading "Sell on Amazon," I learned that some items are prohibited for sale by certain third-party sellers.

Weber suggests that you print a packing slip with every item you ship. The packing slip should include your e-mail address and the link www.amazon.com/feedback. The slip should also contain a message that prompts the buyer to contact you if he/she is unsatisfied with your service.

Brandon Simpson
on 12 February 2010
I bought this book after trading on Amazon for about 4 months. By that time we were selling about 10 roughly £10 items a day. Selling on Amazon is a steep learning curve. Even with my modest experience I felt that the book was not teaching me a lot. It is better for the newcomer to Amazon.
on 17 March 2010
Some useful content but a lot of incorrect info for UK. Great for amazon.com I expect
VINE VOICEon 9 February 2010
There is useful information in this book, and I haven't finished reading it yet, but so far it as very basic - nothing big that wasn't:
a) apparent intuitively through just going ahead & using the Amazon Seller Marketplace,
b) available in more detail and more up to date via Amazon's own FAQs on their website.

Perhaps there will be more yet to come (I'm about halfway through), but so far it's best use is as a confidence builder that you haven't missed anything key amongst the large amount of info linked together in a web of FAQs, etc. on Amazon's own site. And that in itself is a valuable use for it.
on 14 December 2013
This book is aimed at the american market and the amazon systems described in the book have mainly been changed or revised. There are no helpful items on problems with selling on Amazon, such as advert high jacking, pricing strategies or best marketing strategies. In truth the Amazon help system gives all the information mentioned in this book.
on 9 January 2014
to complicated by half, a simpler discription on the inportant items , much to long ,best following amazons own information.
It is a good book, it is a bit outdated but it is good to understand the basis of e-commerce.
on 28 December 2015
Excellent service, would use again.
on 17 February 2016
Not really got into it yet