on 15 December 2009
I could not wait to get this book when I had read the reviews on Amazon and now I've read it, I have to admit, they were right. I have learnt so much since I read it and I will be reading it again and again.
This must be the best book for the money on the market today. It's full of suggestions and ideas that you just cannot wait to put the things into action. When you do - they work.
I cannot speak more highly about this. Well done Steve Weber.

Grahame Howard
on 21 January 2012
With Plug Your Book! Steve Weber has put together a wide range of effective, low cost suggestions for authors to plug their books online.

So why only three stars?

Well the text dates from 2007. For a book about the fast moving world of the internet, especially when one considers ebooks, that is really quite out of date.

For example there is quite a section on MySpace (remember that?) only one mention of Facebook and none of Twitter.

The text also predates Amazon Kindle, particularly ironic as I was reading the Kindle edition, and so has noting to offer regarding that medium.

So while this is a great book, it badly needs updating and I would give t a miss until it is.
on 20 August 2013
After avoiding all forms of social media like the plague I finally took a big bite of the bullet in an effort to jump-start sales of my self published e-books. Needless to say, I did not have a clue where to start. Until I read this handy offering. I won't say that now I am up there with the best of the social media tycoons but at least I now know my twitter from my facebook and my Goodreads from my Pinterest (neither of which I'd ever heard of before!)
Accessibly written, this book is an absolute must for anyone with an ebook to plug.
Get it now; you won't be sorry.
on 18 January 2012
One of the most important things you need to know about this book is that it was published in 2007. And in the fast moving world of book publishing and on-line marketing 4 years is a long time. Much of it is still relevant and useful, but much of it also feels out of date. For instance the chapter on Social Networking focuses mainly on MySpace rather than Facebook! And I'm pretty sure the stuff on self publishing on Amazon is out of date as well. If Steve Weber wants this otherwise excellent book to remain relevant, he needs to do another edition.
on 10 December 2008
I love a book that exceeds my expectations. Plug Your Book did. It was so well-written i.e. easy to read, logically organised and best of all jam-packed full of useful advice. It made me realise there is so much marketing that self-published authors can do that the big publishers can't. THAT'S a nice feeling.

I would strongly recomend this book for all authors, especially those who are both captain and crew of their own ships. And a huge 'thank you' to Steve Weber, too.
on 15 October 2008
This book is a highly readable account of what you can do to promote your own self-published book online - especially through Amazon. It is biased towards Amazon.com rather than Amazon.co.uk but many of the techniques are valid for both. I found it particularly relevant as I want to promote my book more in the States.
on 14 December 2011
I just got the book yesterday and I have not been able to put it down, I had so many questions about marketing my book online and this book provided me with almost all the answers. Thank you Steve Weber for a brilliant book, and yes thank you for making it so easy to understand.
on 2 April 2011
This book is so easy to read and understand. Yet it covers a wide range of ideas to market and publicise your book. It's also very honest about the much-hyped methods for becoming an Amazon bestseller and why they may not work for you. Definitely worth the money.
on 6 November 2012
I am a first time writer finishing my book. I find the book extremely practical. I have never read anything so practical and packed with information to use. Section on Amazon is outstanding. Definitely going to use it a Bible for e-publishing.
on 26 November 2013
Im an author myself and this book didn't really help my sales much. Make a Killing on Kindle is a much better option if you are thinking of selling your work electronically.