on 26 February 2009
I decided to use OO3 because I previously had a copy of MS Office suite. The book is a good guide to the OO3 product although I would have liked more info on the database.
Would recommend it to a first time user with little or no experience of the Microsoft offering
on 20 March 2010
At last a book I can browse to find the potential of Open Office. I find on-line help much less useful, very difficult to read on screen while attempting to try out the procedures. Easy to understand.
on 13 December 2011
This is a "Beginning" text as it says in the tile. The complete "Novice" might need a more introductory text with clearer coloured (rather than monochrome) illustrations. The "Professional" might be disappointed by the lack of depth.

I find this a good conversion text for someone with a general knowledge of other packages in this field. It isn't substantial enough to serve as reference for when you get stuck in tricky application areas.
on 20 November 2010
A good book for those who never understood or explored any Office Beginning OpenOffice 3 (Beginning: From Novice to Professional)
on 23 December 2011
I am fairly good at Computers but am a complete beginner with OpenOffice. I was therefore a bit apprehensive about buying this book in a market full of similar books. I am however very pleased with the way you are taken by the hand step by step throughout all the book.
on 23 April 2010
Having used virtually every version of Microsoft office, I decided to have a go using Open Office when I purchased my new laptop. I got the book, expecting that the user interface would be sufficiently different for me to need a little guidance. However the book wasn't needed for the small subset of the application that I actually use regularly.

Dave Robinson
on 25 February 2010
My main reason for purchasing this book was to become proficient in data base development.
The section on databases is only 46 pages long, contains at least 8 errors and in no way goes from novice to professional. A waste of money.
on 23 August 2013
I found some helpful hints in this book but not as good as I was hoping as I would like more information on databasing in Open Office / Libre Office
on 25 January 2015
In difficult circumstances order completed as promised. 100% satisfaction. Thank you.
on 23 August 2015