Customer reviews

on 28 April 2016
I only recently discovered that the late Edward Woodward was a gifted singer as well as being a well known actor. Having found some of his songs on You Tube I was struck by his perfect diction and melodious phrasing. This CD is superb, all the tracks are beautifully sung and well recorded. Sadly this seems to be the only CD available as all his dozen or so albums were made on vinyl. Whoever holds the maaster tapes really should consider releasing some more tracks on CDs - I am sure they would sell very well.
33 Comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 May 2016
This CD is rare that's why it was expensive. I've wanted a CD of his for sometime.Great songs that were performed very well which was a surprise as Edward Woodward was also an actor who was part of the Shakespeare Company. This CD is well worth buying if you can afford it.
on 1 August 2014
a very valued cd in my collection,
a great shame there is not a lot more of his music around.
a great actor but after listening to this cd i feel a greater singer.
get it if you can you will not be disappointed
on 5 May 2017
I am very happy with my CD it plays really well. I think on reflection the price was too high, but at least I got what I wanted. Thanks Liz
on 11 April 2016
wish I could get the tapes he made a few years ago. I love it
on 12 December 2009
Edward Woodward has a voice like no other; it is a distinctive voice of true quality. And yet his singing voice went virtually unnoticed in the shadow of his acting career. But when I listen to this album, I am touched by the feeling and emotion he conveys in each song. It is therefore a great tragedy that he never recorded much material and virtually nothing on CD. Bearing that in mind, I guess we should be thankful that this disc contains some of the most beautiful contemporary love songs ever written and has managed to bring the best out of the singer, now sadly deceased. If you can get hold of a copy of this album, I really do highly recommend it.
on 21 October 2015
Although better known as an actor, Edward Woodward was also one of the UKs best male singers (especially for ballads) & this album highlights just how well he could bring the best out of every song. Beautiful classic songs sung by one of our finest. If he had focused purely on singing he could have been just as massively successful as the likes of Matt Monro etc. Recommended listening.
on 14 October 2009
I liked this man as an actor and then one day I heard
a song sung by him and I could not beleave my ears.
boy what a voice this man has.