on 29 September 2011
I use this heart-rate-monitor (HRM) daily when I'm running and cycling and once you've gone through the process of setting it up, it takes seconds to get going. The watch is comfortable to wear on the wrist and the buttons are large enough to be easily accessible even when jogging or cycling about. The screen is also large enough to be clear without having to stop and stare at it. The watch also packs a bunch of additional features such as a fitness test which I have found to be in-step with a Cooper fitness assessment and a fitness log to keep track of your workouts. You can also program the watch with various work-outs so that you can easily change settings without having to re-enter targets and training times.

The downsides I have found to this watch are:
- The case can be marked quite easily. This includes both the face of the watch and the rubber outer.
- You need to buy additional accessories if you want to liberate your training data for analysis, but this data is not easily shared with applications apart from Polar's own web app.

Overall, I'd give it 4 stars and would be happy to recommend it to fellow fitness fanatics interested in improving the quality of their training. The downsides are design issues that Polar should address or at least improve upon, but in the interim the watch packs plenty of features for the price and is straightforward to use.
4 people found this helpful
on 17 May 2013
I purchased this item as a replacement for the troublesome SAI Quality All-In-One Waterproof Heart Rate Monitor Watch and Transmitter. Sadly, this Polar device let me down big time. There are many stuff wrong with it and it should not cost £99. I struggled to get my calorie reading, the watch felt cheap and plasticish... The list is endless. So, to me it was useless and I had a refund.
on 15 March 2015
Great product
on 9 June 2013
No issue with this. It does what it says on the tin. Nothing flash about it but I have no reason to complain as it works every time.
on 2 October 2010
Great HRM, very happy with the purchase. I used it for a month now and I have no complaints.
3 people found this helpful
|55 Comments|Report abuse
on 7 January 2012
I previously owned a Reebok HRT which worked well enough. However, when the battery packed up last year, it was time to buy a new one.

The Polar has excellent features, fits well and feels comfortable. I also bought the food pod to keep track of my speed (somewhere between slow and static!). Haven't used all of the features yet but I will this year since I've started this season's training schedule.

No complaints with this product - works well, wet and dry, and it's accurate. The chest strap fits well (better than my previous one)
on 6 April 2013
The Polar RS300XSD is accurate and has all the right functions but it is not really very 'user friendly'. Swapping between records for different pieces of equipment or exercises is so awkward that I have resorted to just calling them different laps and then sorting them out later on the computer. I copy the results into a 'Notebook' as I want them organised.

That is not what I expected for the money! I wouldn't pay this amount again if I knew.
on 20 November 2011
I have had quite a few Polar watches in the past and have always been really pleased with them. This model however, is awful and has put me off Polar watches altogether. My watch is brand new and it sometimes picks up my heart rate and sometimes it doesn't even if I don't move. The watch is so temperamental that it is very frustrating. When I set off for my run the watch was working and picking up my heart rate and then it suddenly stopped working. This has happened a number of times and is nothing to do with the heart rate monitor slipping. Sometimes when I stand still or even lie down without moving the heart rate monitor records stupidly high readings and then stops working. From my experience of this watch model, I would recommend that people avoid it and try something else instead.
2 people found this helpful
on 26 August 2011
I bought this watch for Polars HR functionality and it does what it says on the tin. No weird spikes at start of training, immediate response to change of intensity. Ability to detect your zones or manually override is good. Also there are various different screens which you can customise what is displayed during the training session.

Also got the Footpod which is very accurate when correctly calibrated, however calibration factor will vary between terrain, different running shoes and if you change your running style at different paces. The calibration is never off by more then 5% as the manual states but imagine running an extra 5% of a marathon. I now have a list of calibration factors for each situation but if the watch had the ability to reset calibration factor during a training run without stopping the watch then this would be a huge benefit.

Overall The HR/watch rocks and the footpod is brilliant when its calibrated correctly but it does take some time to get it bang on.
3 people found this helpful
on 12 January 2012
this product arrived promptly even at Christmas. It is everything I wanted and I am still working out all the extras on it. Definitely going to improve my training.