on 28 September 2011
I bought two of the Knog Skink 4 led rear lights. One works fine. The other switches on, then takes on average 15mins to get the thing to switch off (or just take a battery out). Unfortunately I had only just started to use them in anger when the fault came to light (ho ho)and I missed the returns dead line for amazon. I'm afraid a fifty percent success rate is not good enough. Buy cateyes.
on 20 January 2016
Very bright. Switch is not so easy to operate. When the inner is out of the rubber housing you can operate the switch easily however
on 17 October 2014
Rubbish - stopped working first time out on a wet road - not even raining!
on 7 April 2016
It's good.
on 21 November 2015
good, very good.
on 11 November 2012
Not sure why red was cheaper than any other colour! They are bright, last for ages on one of the flashing modes. The only niggle is that there isn't really anywhere to fasten them on my bike except on the rear pannier rack, and they need padding to fix safely on these (otherwise the strap is too loose). They seems to be designed to go on the seat post, but because of my pannier rack and panniers, I don't think it would be as visible as I would like in that position. Updated 3 years on: I have had no problem with these lights at all. Battery life has been great and there is no problem with water getting into the casing although I cycle in all weathers. However, I have come to the conclusion that they are not bright enough for sole use on unlit roads. I will however be keeping on using it as a backup.
on 6 June 2012
The first weeks worked fine. After the 4th week I was having difficulties turning it off. I used it under raining conditions and the second time water got in, I managed to dry it and it worked afterwards. After a week or two it stop working altogether. There are no rust parts therefore I don't believe the rain damaged it.

I wont buy the brand ever. I have had cheap lights that have last longer under all conditions.

Total waste of money
on 11 October 2011
Very good light but not suitable for wet conditions. silicon case is not water tight and the unit inside is not sealed so once water gets in the contact for switching it off and on becomes very unreliable. I don't run mudguards but thought being on the seat post it should have been able to cope. Suspect even with mudguards water would get in. Have anoter knog on the front and it's fine just think this design is not suitable for the rear.
on 17 August 2012
I was very pleased with my purchase initially, the light is very bright and easy to attach/detach - however, perhaps a little easy to detach as I discovered after embarking on a night ride home, confidently cycling in the knowledge that I was fully illuminated only to find out when I got home that the light had popped off somewhere on route. I was sure it was attached securely but it is now lost forever, dimly blinking in a gutter somewhere. RIP. (although, I still like the product and will probably give it a second chance and reluctantly buy a replacement)
on 19 February 2012
I actually used this light to put on my dog's harnass to be able to walk him when it's dark, and the range of visibility is excellent and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone. There are different light sequence to choose from (from slow to fast).