Customer reviews

DVD Guide to British Birds of Prey

on 29 July 2017
The dvd of birds of prey was brilliant thanks very much
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 20 March 2011
There are some good images on this DVD, although the camera work is not exactly of BBC Natural History Unit standard. On occasions the subject birds actually disappear out of shot and some of the flight views are very distant - but I suppose this would often be the case in the field. I have found it useful in getting a feel for the flight patterns of different species.
There are some images which compare different species for ID purposes but I would have liked to see more of these, particularly of birds in flight.
I have enjoyed watching the DVD and I do think that it will help in improving my ID skills of birds of prey - which was the purpose of buying it. Having watched it through a couple of times I have now taken to testing those skills by turning down the sound so that I cannot hear the commentary and getting my wife to select a bird at random from the menu. I turn my back to the screen until she tells me that the initial title sequence has passed and then I turn to look at the screen and try to ID the bird from flight pattern, etc.
The DVD in itself is never going to make you an expert on birds of prey as that can only be achieved in the field. But it certainly helps and gives you a good base from which to work once you get in the field.
on 26 July 2013
This was just up my husband's street who has a facination for birds of prey. It goes into detail and shows the birs from all angles
on 1 September 2010
I bought this dvd really looking forward to its content as birds of prey is a main interest but unfortunately the dvd was scratched when i open the case.
Thankfully i kept the seal as most people throw it away once opening a dvd or even struggle to not rip it.
Lets hope I get a refund...