on 26 June 2009
Just picked up one of these trimmers after using a re-chargable Bosch Isio shape and edge for the last year. Previously, cutting the bush back in my front garden took the best part of the afternoon to do. These trimmers managed to do the same job in five minutes.

The no-nonsense approach with these trimmers is fantastic!

The reason for a four and not a five is that in the first use of these trimmers I have found the bush to be slightly less neat than having cut back with the Bosch Isio.

To be fair though, it is like I am trying to compare a Ford Fiesta around town against a monster truck!

I was concerned about going with the corded option, but after having been on a re-chargable unit until now (which would generally run out half way through the big trim) I thought I'd give it a go. This model comes with a handy belt clip which helps to keep the cable out of the way, which helps with the safety aspect.

Highly recommended if you want to get the job doe quickly.
on 28 August 2013
This 6000XT hedgetrimmer is so heavy that frequent use would leave you with monumentally developed upper-arm muscles - except that it lasts such a short time there's no chance of you turning into a bodybuilder. We bought ours in the late summer of 2012 and used it about four times before autumn set in. Got it out again in July 2013 and started making a horrible noise within minutes. It soon packed up so it went to a Flymo-approved dealer for repair before the warranty expired. They told us the gearbox had completely failed. So we got a complete new 6000XT in exchange which we have put away because in the meantime we bought a Bosch AHS60-26 which is incomparably better AND far lighter. The repair place had this useful advice: 'if you want your new 6000XT to last longer, then just don't use it very much'. We also have a Flymo HT450 which we have had for years and still works fine. The 6000XT simply isn't up to the job and is a classic example of a contemporary product which is manufactured far too cheaply to be durable. So, buy a Bosch instead and hope for the best.
on 6 April 2013
First purchased one of these via Amazon approx 2 years ago, was always noisy when used, and worked well at first, but after a year of 5 or 6 light uses, the gearbox collapsed.
Flymo/Husqvarna were very good, and despite it being just outside warranty they replaced it.
Again it worked well at first, still noisy, but now another year on, and again after only a handful of uses it is playing up, it jams continually even when cutting stuff of less then 5mm, I have stripped down the blades oiled it and tightened things up, but still a real pain to use.
I wonder how many of the positive reviews were posted after the first couple of uses, and how they feel about it after several uses. A friend of mine has a Bosch cutter and it is quiet and has no problems despite being used far more regularly than mine.
So my advise is; don't buy one of these, they are rubbish, all show and no go.
on 9 September 2010
Very good. It made short work of a huge amount of hedging and bushes. The wide tooth meant it could cut through very big branchs, I was doubtful about that ability, but it was going though 20mm branchs easily.
It is a little heavy for over head use, but I guess it has to be to be that size and that power. I imagine it would be tough to use at height if your not used to some manual work.

Only fault I can see is the added belt clip safety feature, which is too loose to properly connect to yourself, and thefore becomes unused after it pops off a couple of time.

Immediate stop feature is good (the blades stop pretty much instantaneously when you let go of either trigger).
on 26 August 2013
I bought this item to replace a worn out and broken hedge trimmer which to be quite honest was not really quite up to the task . I did some research and found out that this little fellow (pardon the pun) was exactly what I was looking for and cutting hedges in no time at all , even branches that were up to 27mm thick . The only problem so far is that it is quite heavy compared to other trimmers and will need some time and practice to get used to it so I should have muscles like Popeye some time soon lol . All in all I am very happy with this item and if I need any more items for the garden , I know exactly where to start looking .
I chose this Hedge Trimmer because it can cut through anything that i can cut with secateurs, so I can simply cut along the hedge without worrying about larger twigs. If it's too big for the hedge trimmer, then I'm going to need a saw anyway and that's obvious.
To operate, you need to close at least three switches. That means that you have to hold it with two hands and one of those hands has to be on one of the triggers, which means it is very unlikely to start accidentally and cut something you don't want to cut.
The switches are just about anywhere you would hold it. There are handles at the front, the sides, the back, so it's easy to reach any area of hedge (except above your head, but you shouldn't cut above your head anyway) and you always feel save wielding this hedge trimmer.
An excellent choice and a good trimmer
on 1 July 2010
I have two huge hedges and this was perfect. Only downside is that it is a bit heavier than I thought it would. Some people may wish to factor this in when buying..... especially if the hedge is taller than them.
on 8 August 2012
Delivery and price on the product was excellent. The 60cm teeth worked well on most branches. Although a little heavy and probably too long for my needs. However, I could see that it would help to reach higher hedges than I have. The wire coil connected to the belt may prevent cutting the cable. A good product to buy. Please note that it is heavy particularly when you use it for long periods, strong arms are needed.
on 13 October 2010
Nice bit of kit, cuts through small branches that look far too tough for it but no problem. One thing though its heavy and after a few minutes use your arms will begin to give up. The belt cable clip is completely useless and a waste of time.
on 29 January 2013
I purchased my first flymo hedge trimmer from amazon, it lasted one hour when the cutter broke. i returned the unit to the nearest local dealer, they kept it for six weeks,then informed me it was beyond repare and that a new unit was to be supplied. this unit lasted just over one hour and the same thing happened, as happened to the first one. i returned it to the dealer ,After a further month they contacted me to say that after discussions with Flymo it was decided i had abused the machines and they would not honour the warranty. after some very negative conversations with the dealer and flymo, i decided the machine was not fit for purpose and purchased an American machine called little wonder. this machine dose all the things the flymo failed to do, needless to say i will not be purchasing anything from Flymo or any of its associated companies. there customer services are woefully inadequate.