on 14 February 2018
I am quite at a loss to understand what is going on here.
None of the more numerous stars would fit my experience of this so-called book.
Those giving five stars must have a different publication, as they mention many more vital sections than appear in my Kindle edition.
It seems that more than half of the pages have not been copied, and it is quite impossible to search for any particular word.
After years of praise for Amazon Kindle books, this is the first time that I cannot award more than one star.
on 14 July 2014
Excellent. Familiar layout, with the thesaurus proper in the first half and index to key words at the rear portion. Obtained second hand, but a well cared for copy, a pleasure to use. I do use ebook version, but sometimes it's easier to find just precisely the right word in print than searching in a Kindle Yet the ebook version is very convenient too. Best of both worlds, good hard copy and a good ebook version..
VINE VOICEon 4 January 2014
A very cheap Thesaurus in the original format. I have several in paper form but wanted one on Kindle and my laptop, and this fits the bill. I'm not keen on the new dictionary stye found in many new versions, it just doesn't do justice to the original intent. I often find vocabulary I need within related section if not the entry I originally started looking at.
on 22 October 2017
ok
on 20 April 2012
Bought this to use on my Kindle App on my iPhone so that I can look up words for crosswords, seems to have a good selection of words to satisfy my requirement so far.
on 11 April 2016
Not bad but not quite what I expected
on 11 January 2012
I got a used copy of this for next to nothing via Amazon. The cover is black/blue/orange (there are a few different versions). This version is fantastic, concise and tells you what you want to know (and more). Thrilled with my purchase and the quick arrival in time for Xmas. Thoroughly recommend it for just about anything, especially crosswords. It shows in depth meanings plus cross references. Ab Fab!
on 2 February 2013
Am so impressed with the kindle service was doing a crossword going down the M6 and needed a thesaurus so i went on to amazon kindle shop the thesaurus was with me in seconds. fantastic
on 17 December 2012
It's not as easy to use this Kindle version as the book form, but practice is improving my ability to negotiate my way around it.
on 14 January 2013
I love my holidays - and crosswords
Not having the space to take a Thesaurus with me this Kindle edition is brillaint.
All my reading matter - plus a thesaurus (No extra luggage weight) along with my Kindle dictionary.
A real must