Price:£9.04+ Free shipping

on 27 August 2016
Bought this bottle for work and hillwalking

Wide mouth makes it good for refilling in rivers/streams and easy to add energy tablets/powders to your drink, but can make it a bit more difficult to drink from on the move, might end up with a bit of a wet chest. Seen you can buy adaptors for it though to make the mouth narrower, haven't tried these but could be useful.

Iv found it very useful as a refill bottle, keep a sports bottle in outside pocket of my rucksack when walking as easy to drink from and a Nalgene bottle in my back to refill it from, as the Nalgene bottle won't leak in my bag like a sports bottle could.

Screw top is very secure and bottle is lightweight but solid.
Seems to be pretty robust and think it will last a long time.

Haven't noticed any plasticy taste from it either so that's a bonus.

Has volume increments up the side too, usefully if you are wanting to keep track of how much fluid youv take on board. These seem to be durable too and don't think they will be the kind of markings to rub off easily.

I bought the 500ml size and it's about the size of a pint glass.
I like this a lot because it is virtually indestructible.
I can part fill it, put it in the freezer and top up the bottle when I take it on my travels. That way it keeps my drink iced for most of the day.
If you try this with other bottles you will probably have to wait for the top to warm up a little before you can open it to top up. But not with this one. It is relatively easy to open straight from the freezer.
The extra wide mouth is also useful. And I have never had a bottle which is as leakproof as this.
The attachment for the top to the bottle is a slight mixed blessing. It keeps the top from getting lost or misplaced but sometimes keeps the top in your way when drinking.

Anyway, I hope that this review is helpful in some way when making the decision.
on 26 June 2011
I love this bottle - its just the right size (i have the 500mL) , doesn't leak (ever) and looks pretty friend has the 1L bottle which she took with her on a mountaineering trip for one of her last duke edinburgh levels and she says she dropped it all the time on the ground and various hard surfaces and she still uses it today without it ever leaking on her! (it does look rather used though :P)

hope that helps!
on 15 November 2015
This is my second nalgene bottle. I Have the 1L narrow mouth and have recently bought 500ml wide mouth for every day use being smaller and lighter. Both clearly very well made products and will definitely last. I realise it isn't cheap for a bottle but in my opinion well worth the price. Enjoy!
on 6 August 2011
Bought this because I wanted a 1/2 size version of the excellent 32oz/1000ml widemouth that I already own.

When it arrived I thought the package was a bit small and sure enough when I opened it up I saw that the markings on the side only went up to 14oz/400ml. I went to the Nalgene site and to be fair they make this clear, saying that the 16oz/500ml capacity is to the brim. But the equivalent narrow mouth bottle (which I've owned before) is marked to 16oz/500ml on the side and is clearly bigger. I don't see how they can market both as having the same capacity - one or other is 16oz/500ml, but not both.

Also the mouth is smaller than the 32oz/1000ml, so the highly useful Easy Sipper attachment doesn't fit this bottle.

On the plus side, it looks like it would fit in a bike bottle holder, if that matters to you, and the quality of the product is excellent as ever with this brand.
on 16 March 2014
Excellent quality bottle. I bought this bottle for its opening. It is big enough to fit ice cubes in on those hot days.
However, the main reason I purchased this was that it fitted perfectly inside the Maxpedition 12x5 bottle carrier along with a jetboil zip with plenty of room for a brewkit.
on 23 October 2013
I bought this so I could have a smaller bottle in my pocket when I am out walking. Its incredibly tough easy to open and close in hot / cold weather due to the size of the cap. Fits well in to a cargo pocket in your trs and you just top it up from your water supply in your back pack. saves taking your bag on and off when you just want a quick drink
on 8 March 2013
on 28 February 2013
Super tough, no leaks, comfortable to drink from and this blueish colour makes cold water look so enticing when I look at it.....I'm using it around the house as well as on my adventures. Fantastic product.
on 11 November 2012
I bought this bottle for my daughter to take to school. I liked the description because it said it was BPA free and dishwasher safe. My daughter liked it because it didn't leak and the water did not taste of plastic like it does with some water bottles. Unfortunately my daughter has already lost the bottle and at £12.50 including postage it's quite an expensive loss.