on 18 October 2003
if you want something throwaway to while away the hours in your car then this is just the jobbie. it's snatches of classical music played along to a disco beat. my personal favorites are "dance of the furies", "can't stop romance" and "hooked on mendelssohn".
an added bonus is the price. you won't find it cheaper anywhere else. i've seen the same boxset sold at four times amazon's price. snap it up before it's gone!
on 24 July 2015
Clips of music something for everyone with an upbeat background tone.good foot tapping music.
on 15 May 2017
Very good sounds
We have the tapes of all the Hooked music. So why not have it on my Kindle, and the sound is Brilliant. Very pleased with my purchase.
on 24 March 2002
Having listened to this music back in the 80's I was literally 'Hooked on Classics', even though I was only 10. Even now, I just can't get enough of them! All the worlds most beautiful Classical Music's Jive Bunnied into one, fabulous. The Hooked on Romance trilogy has to be the best feel good music in the world, it's just totally up lifting, food for the soul. I'm now going to buy my dad the same boxed set. This is a must for anyone who loves Classical Musics. Top marks to Louis Clark (lets hope he does some more) 5 Stars isn't enough, 1000 Stars is nearer the mark, that's my opinion.
on 3 February 2009
Having originally owned the LP Hooked on Classics, Ibought the CD collection. It is varied and quite diverse, easy listening and I enjoy it especially as background music while doing paperwork.
on 6 January 2007
This is very good, but for the same money (£5.99) you can buy the hooked on classics collection (as found in the perfect partner link) this contains this hooked on classics disk (why would you want two copies of the same CD?) and the two follow up CDs!
on 18 May 2001
At last a compilation of classical music that even the most avid disliker of classical can sit,listen to and enjoy.Having a modern beat each piece is a work of art in itself. Even the original composers could not have envisioned the wonders that these adaptions have made to their music. I look forward to another set of classics being performed in the same way as "Hooked on Classics"
on 18 September 2014
There will be those who say that this ruins true classical music. I do not agree - the way the music is linked together is brilliant. sometimes it can lead you to listen to the original. I find it uplifting and energising. It is ideal music to exercise by. I have it on when I am washing up (not my favourite task). I sometimes wonder if Louis Clark would produce the same music without the beat if it would be as good.
on 14 August 2013
I found this cd excellent and was not disappointed. For the price I paid it was worth every penny. I have only had this about a week and a half and have played it several times. It should give me much pleasure in the future.