on 21 March 2017
I have this cd and while my brother was staying with me loved it so much that I bought it for his birthday. (doesn't know about that yet) The delivery on this item was excellent.
on 28 April 2017
Great soundtrack, was played slot on classical music radio stations,
on 20 September 2014
Beautifully produced soundtrack in every way; the players, the arrangements, the haunting ambience that is created by everything coming together as it should, is perfect to me. I have no complaints at all.
on 11 April 2017
excellent
on 5 April 2017
little interruptions, five ore more, its a pity, music fantastic by the way..
on 5 August 2014
Just simply very enjoyable and visual
on 8 March 2017
ok
on 8 June 2001
The most important part of a film, other than the moving picture itself has to be the music. The wrong music at the wrong time can produce a cheesy cock-tale of bad moments for the audience. For those people that listen to soundtracks before watching the film, they can picture whether the film is good, or whether the music is bad. Titanic was one such album for me and pursuaded me to see the film, I could picture every moment of the film as I was listening. This sound track is the same. Once seeing the film, I instantly bought the soundtrack and followed the movie through inside my head, feeling the same feelings at certain points that I felt during watching the film. Hans Zimmer himself played around with The Battle quite a lot before settling on an interesting Waltz. This hits gold for me. To be experimental with soundtracks is a must - rather than produce the same theme all of the way through ie the Matrix. While the Matrix was good to listen to during the film, as a standalone it was not very entertaining. Hans Zimmer and Lisa Gerrard have produced 17 tracks each with their own theme but carrying one of the three main themes through them. They are a joy to listen to and the last three tracks, with the vocals, followed by a the slow Gladiator medley and ending on the final track just wow an audience. Ridley Scott could not have created an atmosphere anywhere near what he created without this soundtrack. Hans Zimmer is up there with John Williams as one of the best contemporary composers the world has ever seen.
on 20 October 2002
When I first watched gladiator I found the music in it so powerful and intense.
The battle scene that takes place in the beginning has a superb track from this CD which has so much strength. Obviously all the music tracks in the CD make up different scenes of the film. Every song has an emotionally diverse quality to it.

My favourite song has to be 'Now We Are Free'. When Maximus is dying in the end this song plays and it ends the film in such a fantastic way. It is so sad yet the flow of it creates an overwhelming atmosphere which ends the film and this CD very well.
I found that this was great to listen to while doing homework and reading. It allowed me to focus because it was such a brilliant CD which flowed from the first to the last song.
The best soundtrack from a film I have ever listened to. Fantastical beauty and feeling and something I would recommend to anyone.
on 25 December 2001
I must have read hundreds of reviews before I finally decided to buy this soundtrack, because it's somewhat different to the sci-fi scores I usually get, but Zimmer & Gerrard soon proved themselves more than worthy of my money.
Along with the high-emotion & epic sense of character that can be found in many quality scores, "Gladiator" has a distinct element all of its own that makes it stand out. When I bought it, everyone I knew was praising this CD & I wondered what made it so special. Then I found myself simply reaching for it whenever I wanted some music... whatever mood, whatever situation. From intense & uplifting pieces like "The Battle" & "The Might of Rome" to the soothing charisma of "Now We Are Free", this is a score that will, like the unforgettable film, live with me forever.