on 16 June 2017
A wonderful soundtrack probably Hans Zimmer best. I already have the now extremely expensive ORG issue ( 2 copies) which had a dreadful noisy pressing and there is much online comment about this.The ORG mastering was nevertheless as good as it gets but unfortunately the noisy pressing was quite distracting.ORG in fact conceded there was a problem and even sent me a couple of copies from USA but there was little improvement.Hence my purchase of this much cheaperDecca issue. No its not as crackle free as I would wish but in that respect it is considerably better than the ORG. The mastering is good but not in the same league as the ORG which was pressed at 45 rpm for improved sound quality.ORG informed me that they no longer hold the licence to repress so there is virtually no chance of getting hold of a perfect ORG copy. Don't get me wrong if you haven't heard the ORG and buy this new Decca issue you will not be disappointed. All I really want is a noise free pressing so I propose to exchange the latest purchase. Fingers crossed.A noise free pressing would warrant the full five stars.
on 21 March 2017
I have this cd and while my brother was staying with me loved it so much that I bought it for his birthday. (doesn't know about that yet) The delivery on this item was excellent.
on 23 August 2017
This is a good score to a good movie. Although, I still think Basil Poledouris's score for Conan The Barbarian (1981) is superior.
on 20 September 2014
Beautifully produced soundtrack in every way; the players, the arrangements, the haunting ambience that is created by everything coming together as it should, is perfect to me. I have no complaints at all.
on 28 April 2017
Great soundtrack, was played slot on classical music radio stations,
on 9 August 2017
As advertised. Speedy delivery.
on 10 August 2017
Great CD.
on 11 April 2017
excellent
on 30 August 2017
Good.
on 30 May 2017
Great sound track from an iconic film. Recommended.