Customer reviews

No Angel
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.99

on 11 December 2000
This cd is the ultimate chillin cd, vocals of an angel and the pure melodys of a queen of all music. buy this cd now!
on 20 January 2015
great
on 14 August 2013
great
on 8 January 2014
This was not the cd I thought it was going to be, but my fault for misremembering which one to order!
on 1 April 2002
Firstly let me admit that I received the album as a present so I'm bound not to be as enthusiastic as other reviewers. I found the album however, dreary at best. Tracks seemed to merge into one another, and the musical arrangement and lyrics seemed very ordinary, not for me.
on 7 January 2015
This cd was supposed to be new but when I got it it was scratched on both sides.
on 20 January 2001
I had heard a couple of the songs on the radio and it sounded like the album might be worth a listen. Sadly, on closer acquaintance I found that while some of the tunes are pleasant enough, others are cursed by lyrics which are impossible to hear without the distinct impression that you are sneaking a peek at the diary of a hormone addled teenager with a terminal crush. If I had to single out any tracks for particular ignominy I would have to pick on the muddled imagery and clumsy phrasing of "Hunter" or the laboured sub-Morrissette irony of "Don't Think Of Me". As far as "Thank You" goes, a nice enough tune, but until I heard the original I never would have believed that the track could have been improved by Eminem's being on it. Since hearing the album I have found out that "Here With Me" is the theme to Roswell High. This didn't surprise me, since most of the tracks on the album sound just like the kind of anodyne faux-meaningful fluff typically heard in the more angst ridden moments of programmes like Dawson's Creek. The production is competent enough, but I would have thought Rollo could have brought something a bit more original to the mix - Portishead it certainly ain't. All in all, pretty disappointing stuff.
on 30 June 2001
This album is really one of the best that I have ever bought here are the tracks in my opinon 1- here with me : nice song with a great start up but it turns to be the same chorus .. after the second part 9\10 2- 2-hunter : a song full of emotions .. it reflects how dido is not just a singer ...it's very nice 9\10 3- don't think of me : one of the best tracks on the album .. the chorus makes me cry .. and it seems like dido have lived this song . it's going to be the next single probably 11\10 4- my lover's gone : nice one with an amazing acoustic voice for dido 7 5- all you want ... I didn't like this one it's a slow r&B song 2 6- thank you ... I like it with eminem song ..and this one is ok but ther'es no realtion between the chours and the other parts of the song 6 7- honestly ok : this one is soooooo nice .. so mystey with a great chorus 8 8- slide : a great tune and chourus simillar to don't think of me 10 9- isoble : another great song with a mystery words and music 10 01- no angel : I don't know why dido choosed this song to name the album it's very bad one with no feeling but the name is good to hear only 1.. 11- my life very nice song {acoustic} you can't leave it without finishing it .. I love it ! 10\10 21- TAKE MY HAND :THE BEST EVER TRACK ON THE ALBUM AND THE GREATEST SONG I HAVE EVER HEARD .. IT BEGEN SLOW FIRSTLY BUT THEN IT TURN TO A SWEET DANCY ONE WORDS CAN'T DESCRIBE THIS SONG 1000000000000 \100000000000 31- .. YOU REALLY HAVE TO BUY THE ALBUM .. WAHTEVER you like of music ..this album will suit everyone even babies ..... it's so suitable after a hard day working .. it will give you the break you need 41- GO NOW AND BUY IT ..WHAT ARE U WAITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 10 December 2000
Like most other people, i bought "No Angel" on the back of Stan, as well as a live performance on Jools Holland. 'Here with me' stands out, as do 'Thank you' and 'Slide' to a lesser extent. The rest fades into anonimity. It is the type of album you put on and then forget it is on until you get to 'Here with me'. Save your money for a live album if it comes about,where Dido puts some passion into the songs. Or buy Coldplay, where every tune is a standout ( and they went to UCL)!
on 22 February 2002
Dido has a great voice, Dido has some great songs, but this album has too many fillers to quite justify the hype and too much is too samey.
Good, with great potential, but not the finished article yet.