Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.99

VINE VOICEon 25 December 2008
I am so pleased with this Album, first because I love Dido's melancholic voice, and the songs are amazing. I have been listening for it all day today, and I love every single track. My favorite song is Here With Me, it just an amazing song, and the second reason is that it is the first time I buy a digital MP3 from Amazon, and it took about a minute for the whole thing to be running on my computer. Fantastic, no DRM protection, so can be used on any MP3 player, as many times as you want for the fraction of the price of buying the CD itself. Very happy with the purchase, and the album, all good.
on 29 March 2017
Great Music
on 28 September 2003
Dido's first album "No Angel" is a brillaint perfomance from a brilliant performer. It includes the singles "Here With Me, Thank You and Im No Angel". The vocalism is excelllent and she manages to capture every moment for every emotional feeling exceptionally. The album also includes an enhanced video section featuring 2 videos: Here with Me and Thankyou and has a bonus track "Take my Hand". To conclude - good music, good CD.
Like walking through her dreams with her, Dido's trademark cynicism seeps into every song, and while this lack of variation could have become a little boring after a while, the arrangements on No Angel are each original and different enough to keep up the interest.

On this album, production values are high, and they compliment Dido's performance. Despite the depressive and ethereal nature of the album's personality, reminiscent of Sarah McLachlan's Surfacing, it is this production quality that dishes out the feel-good factor. In the end, we are presented with an album that is deeply soulful, rhythmic yet restrained, and the result is memorable and well worth listening to.
on 11 February 2001
This album firstly is NOT for people that like rap, hip-hop or any crash wallop bang bang music. The CD is one of my favourites it has such powerful songs as 'Hunter' 'Dont Think Of Me' and 'ThankYou'. 'Thankyou' is the verse that Dido performed in Eminems 'Stan'. She puts different lyrics to the tune. My personal favourite song is 'Dont Think Of Me'. If you come home from a hard day at work, put this album on and Didos soothing tones will calm you right down. The CD includes CDROM videos of 'Here With Me' and 'ThankYou' there is a bonus track called 'Take My Hand'. Buy this CD if you are into this sort of thing. One things for sure, Dido will be in my CD Player for a while yet!
on 5 November 2000
Dido is easily comparared to soloists such as Sarah Maclaclan and Paula Cole, indeed, there is a definite similarity in her vocal ability. Yet, Dido's sound is more moody, and occasionally even dark, which gives her closer links with Fiona Apple. However, the brilliant Trip-Hop tracks on the album really set Dido out there as an individual artist, equal in her own right. The opening track "Here with me" is amazingly uplifting and absorbing, which is adaptable to every musical taste. Darker tracks, with great depth follow, such as "Hunter" and "Don't think of me", but I guess I'm going to find I'm not alone, when I say that my favorite track is "Thankyou". The album really is worth the buy, it is distinctly individual, and I've found that there's something in it for everyone, as since I bought it, three of my friends went out and bought it. I only wish I hadn't been so eager that I bought it on import, which as you'd guess cost quite a bit more.
on 21 April 2001
Very rarely can have I found an album that enthralled, and bewildered me in the music...but this album had done just that. I'm a student revising for exams right now, and this music is perfect for revising to, falling asleep to, or spending time with someone special to.
I find it difficult to express myself creatively, but this album just compelled me to try. I want everyone to share the mellow, content feeling that completely absorbs me when this album comes on my stereo. Dido's soft voice (which I first heard in Thankyou, on Eminem's track) is captured in a varity of powerful ways on this album, that's truely a must for any CD collection. Somehow, Dido mangaes to make her music some of the most emotive stuff I've heard in a very long time, which is a vital aspect of any good album.
I was first told about this by a friend studying for the same set of exams, and she told me it was some of the best stuff she'd ever come across...I didn't believe it, so I borrowed the album, and now it's always being played in my house...
Congratulations Dido, you've opened my eyes to music again....
on 17 February 2001
I, like many others, first heard Dido's superb vocals on Eminem's 'Stan' single. However, it wasn't long before I saw the video to 'Here With Me' and from that moment on I was a huge Dido fan. When I went to order her album and discovered a new enhanced version was about to be released I decided to wait and buy that instead of the original version and I can assure you, the wait was worth every second. Although 'Here With Me' is still my favourite track, this is a very strong album and there isn't a single track that comes across as "an extra tune to make up the numbers". I absolutely love this album and I highly recommend it to anyone who likes what they have heard already. Obviouslly I cannot assure you that you will like this album because everyone's taste is different but I would certainly recommend giving Dido a try and if you don't like it, give it to someone as a gift!!
on 8 November 2001
I eagerly looked forward to buying this CD and was not disappointed! It is a refreshing change from the other CDs in my collection. Dido just stands there and performs the songs faultlessly, and without relying on studio enhancements or tricks. The purity of her voice is stunning.
Everyone knows the famous Dido singles to date, but just listen to the other tracks as well and be enthralled by the consistently high quality.
The lyrics of "Isabel" intrigue me - presumably they are based on some past experience in Dido's life - she should be asked about it!
The songs are terrific - my personal favourite is the very last audio track "Take My Hand" - a really haunting sound to finish the CD, but the other 11 songs are all strong and superbly performed.
on 8 September 2001
I was really looking forward to buying this album and was glad when it exceeded my expectation. One to bring out when the world gets too much. The album opens with the epic 'Here with me' which was released in the UK as a single at the beginning of 2001. I love the line in the song "I don't want to call my friends, they might wake me from this dream". After a couple more tracks comes the beautiful 'Thankyou'. Eminem's version was pretty good but in being so has ruined this lovely song. One of my favourites on the album 'Slide' is the eighth song. It reminds me of the city (any city) at night with all lights and traffic. The last two numbers, 'My life' and 'Take my hand' are also great. 'My life' has a slight jazzy/lounge feel while 'Take my hand' has a more dance orientation and is brill. Some of the other tracks on the album start off a bit naff but after a couple of bars turn out fine. Dido's a babe with a lovely singing voice, shame she couldn't have become big in her home country first.