Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£1.98

on 30 October 2005
Like many others, I was disappointed with Room On Fire; especially after the fantastic 1251. I just hope it does not happen here again, because Juicebox is a brilliant change of direction for the band.
Firstly and most obviously you have the irresistible bass-line from Nikolai that flows throughout the song; straightaway you can tell that this will be different from previous efforts. Julian's voice is clearer and sounds remarkably different from his usual slur ( this could disappoint some though, including me). The chorus "why don't you come over here/we've got a city to love" is undeniably catchy; and Albert's ( i think) riff/solo after around one minute is reminiscent of their earlier songs; and it is just the right length at three mintues (just over).
However, i still think the album will be a disappointment: I have heard two other songs- 15 mins. of pain and other side and both are pretty adequate at best. Julian once said that he can't listen to is this it? anymore; maybe he should as personally that is the sound i want to hear from them.
I hope i am wrong about the album though and Juicebox is still a brilliant song; their first number one anyone?
on 9 November 2012
awesomeeeeeeeeeeeee. love it. The Strokes are bomb. As hell. Burritos. Kitties. Yeahh.Joan Jett. For Life. one Two three four here comes johhny yen again. with the liquor and drugs
on 28 November 2005
What a song. First time i heard it. Thought it was good. but not strokes quality. I thought it sounded a bit similar to everything else on the market. But perservere. Its different. Give it time (you won't need much) and it is perhaps one of their best songs to date. No mean feat. The passion in his vocals. the tension in the playing. Stunning. After hearing this song everything else leaves me empty. I must hear the new album. If it's half as good as this song we will be in for a treat. When the critics criticise a band for not evolving, what they relaly mean is that they want it to be a change like this. Anyway, who cares bout the critics. This rocks!
on 19 July 2006
CAN DO NO WRONG......ALL OF THEIR SONGS ARE BRILLIANT

Period.
on 7 December 2005
I personnaly really disliked the song when I first heard it. Thought it wasn't the Strokes I knew and cherrished. But it slowly grew on me. The turning point was when I had the chance to listen to the whole album. Juicebox takes all its sense heard within the context of the other songs. Now I just love the song and think it is a really brave song from the band. Great songwriting, singing and playing.
But, wait, there's more : the album is even better than the single ! But for 1 or 2 songs (incl. On the other side), every single tune on it is essential. The boys have built a wall of sound that just blows your mind away. The production is superb, the songs are really diverse and always surprising. And gosh, "Ask me anything" is already the best Yesterday of 2006.
The Strokes are now flying really high, inventing the sound of tomorrow, and they've let all their influences and challengers far, far, far below. Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome on board.