on 8 April 2015
There's no doubt that this is a lovely looking globe and the antique finish adds an air of distinction to a room.

However, I have a few issues with the quality of this item, that while they are not deal breakers, some may like to consider before making a purchase.

The globe was delivered to me in record time and I only used the free delivery - might be an Easter thing. Nevertheless the impressive delivery speed was appreciated. Upon receipt from the courier and then unboxing shortly after, my immefiate feeling was of being underwhelmed. The globe is much lighter than I was expecting and for the money I felt it needed some, well, oomph to it.

As previously noted, it's a classy looking item but as some others have said, on closer inspection there are some issues with the lining up on some countries and longitudes. Also, there is an annoying thin transparent tape that goes right the way round the equator. Which sadly, for me cheapens the overall effect of the display, albeit sligtly.

These points lead me to my main issues and that is of value for money. Whilst it's an attractive and useful globe, at £69 I would have expected a little more quality/attention to detail. If the globe was say £49.99, these small(ish) quibbles would be negligible but at the top price they stand out for me.

Having said all this I'm only one day in and I'm enjoying the globe, hence the 3 stars. I have no idea what the competition is like out there so if you're OK with parting with nearly £70 then you may enjoy it as much, if not more than I.
22 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 5 June 2015
James Bond's family motto maybe 'The World is not enough', but as far as I'm concerned, it is if you purchase this Globe. I bought this for my wife's birthday, as she always wanted one, & she was over the moon (maybe that should be 'over the Earth'!) when she unwrapped it.

The saying goes 'It's all in the detail', & the detail on this Globe is superb. It's easy to read the names of cities,states etc & the font used adds to the Antique feel of it. The raised relief of the mountain ranges makes this Globe very tactile, & the addition of the booklet that comes with it is a nice finishing touch.

Finally, make sure you have a large enough space to place it on, it's a fair size (we have it as the centrepiece of our dining table - see photo).
review image
15 people found this helpful
on 9 May 2018
Disappointing. I know globes are subject to imperfections but that shouldn't be to the degree that with the word Australia, the S is half covered and the other letters are nowhere near a straight line. Mine also had a crack in it. I'll let the photos speak for themselves.
review imagereview imagereview image
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 21 October 2016
This was bought as a present for my wife. It is so impressive that I did consider keeping it for myself. However as I know that she has wanted a globe like this for over 30 years my love for her has won. It is so tactile and will provide hours of enjoyment. However she will have to wait until Christmas for it. In my opinion a very good buy.
on 8 June 2017
Detail and quality great. Every home should have one if just to understand the place in the world you are.
2 people found this helpful
on 10 June 2015
Wall maps are all well and good but to look on an actual globe really puts things in perspective. I and my family travel quite a lot and this globe is a great way to get a proper understanding of the distance and relationship of countries. The raised areas for mountainous areas is also good. For the price I concider it excellent value for money.
2 people found this helpful
on 22 March 2018
Excellent product but more than that top class customer service. Globe arrived with minor fault and they could not wait to rectify beyond my expectations. Response time was fantastic and attention to detail second to none. I would not hesitate to recommend this product, this company and this customer mentality - globally!

Alan.
on 8 March 2018
Lovely quality item ... we’ve had a globe for at least 15years but it was looking faded so decided to replace it ...and I’m so glad we did this is lovely on or off ! And not at all plasticity unlike our last one !!
review image
on 28 January 2016
I bought this as a gift for a dear friend (who has everything). She is delighted. The globe surface feels lovely, almost like leather. It was a nice surprise that the mountainous areas are slightly raised, very tactile! My only complaint is that the size of the globe means that the countries are hard to identify unless you have a magnifying glass. I think you could offer a matching magnifier to enhance the product and to make an extra sale! I am really happy that I bought it.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 2 April 2016
Very pleased with the Bradley Antique Globe itself. The Meridian which forms the main vertical support was bent which resulted in the line representing the Equator leaning to the West by around 2½ degrees. I have managed to correct this successfully. However, caution had to be exercised due to the fact that the material from which the Meridian is made is Die Cast. This has a coarse grain structure and damage could have occurred. This may have resulted from mishandling when packaging. Otherwise OK