on 27 December 2009
It lifts the carpet a little as you push it back & forth. That convinces me that it is cleaning well. This continues as the cylinder fills with dust etc - no loss of suction - like it says in the adverts. It's heavy for carrying upstairs and heavier to push than some but seems to have more power than many others. Not perfect for rooms with lots of furniture because of the size of the base but fantastic for 'sweeps'or swathes of carpet. You need to get the tools out for some edges & to go underneath lower things, but this is easy enough. One day I'll get another to keep upstairs. I find its use self-explanatory and the quality of its components superior to cheaper machines. My Dyson is my friend!
on 27 April 2017
What an amazing cleaner this is, it gets all that deep down dirt up, excellent for picking up pet hair, easy to empty, tools provided plus you can purchase other useful attachments. Some people may find it too heavy.
on 7 July 2017
hover came today I looked at it and thought it would be to heavy for me but was surprised was ok hovered carpets up like a dream would recommend it very pleased with it thanks
on 7 December 2016
I am pleased with this purchase I have had many new models this dyson has changed my mind from now on I will purchase refurbished. I like the extra large bin .
on 22 September 2009
I purchased this item when my old bagless Electrolux gave up the ghost.
I didn't believe the hype about dyson despite my mother raving about them, mainly due to people complaining about parts breaking. I would recommend Dyson to anyone, an excellent product and well thought out. But make sure you shop around. Some companies including Dysons own website are over priced.
on 27 February 2017
Excellent quality product
on 23 December 2009
Purchased this recently and delighted with the performance. Used my old machine a few hours before this one arrived and decided to try out the new one immediately. I was not disappointed as it collected what the old one had left behind!
My daughter bought this model when it first came out several years ago and has been more than happy with it.
on 3 February 2010
For anyone who has never owned or even tried a Dyson vacuum cleaner, you would be forgiven for thinking that perhaps the whole Dyson brand is a bit over hyped. I know I did! However, it's not until you start using one of their products that you realise just how well thought out and designed they really are.

I once made the mistake of going for a cheaper brand of vacuum cleaner. I felt quite chuffed at the time, as it worked brilliantly and I'd saved myself about £50! However, the smile was soon wiped from my face when the thing broke down outside of its warranty, and my only option was to bin the whole unit! Not a problem with a Dyson - their spares backup is second to none. To date, I have never needed to use it, but I have friends who have, and just about every part is replaceable. They also have a very clever customer service team who can tell you what's wrong with your Dyson simply by listening to it over the phone (quite scary!)

The DC14 probably falls into Dyson's mid price point, and it's a cracking piece of kit. I have mainly short carpets in my house, and the suction is very strong (sometimes clinging on with such force that it can be quite hard work to push it along) If I had to find one fault, I'd have to say that it's a tad on the loud side, but then not really any louder than any other unit I've used.

Let's face it - hovering is not the world's most exciting job, but it's got to be done, and with a Dyson, it makes it just that little bit more pleasurable (in a sad, geeky kind of way!). Despite their seemly high price tag, I think the Dyson's are actually very good value for money in the long run - almost an investment! I certainly won't be buying anything else!
on 11 January 2010
Another Ronseal - does what it says - five year quarantee, it sucks, (in the proper sense of the word!)even better than the DC04 we had before,and the redesign of the bits and pieces - how you disconnect the hose, and put the tools on etc. have made it much better.
on 16 July 2013
Over the years I have bought a range of vacuum cleaners, frustrated at them breaking down, getting blocked etc and I hate to think of the money I've forked out on them. That all changed when I bought a my first Dyson roughly 15 years ago.

The first one lasted about 7 years, as did its replacement. In this day and age that's not bad going for an electrical appliance.

I've recently purchased my third recently after surfing the web and reading reviews on the range of machines out there.

I did read that some people were not fully happy with their DC14, saying it was heavy and fiddly to use. As money is also an issue for me I decided on getting this model as I couldn't afford the dearer ones and I've got to say I'm so glad I did.

The machine isn't heavier than the average upright cleaner, it is so easy to use and fully complies with the Dyson reputation for quality and ease.

If you want a vacuum that's superior to other imitations then a Dyson's for you. They can be dearer initially but in the long run you'll save yourself money in not having to replace it for ages and not be frustrated by poor cleaning results.