on 1 June 2009
Bought this vaccum cleaner in a hurry when my old Dyson cyclinder gave up the ghost - partly swayed by reviews here and the fact that it's a 'green product' - and it's cheap! The good points are that it really does pick up dust and pet hairs effectively. Also, I like the way the attachments are all kept together on the vaccum cleaner. I don't mind cleaning out the dust after each use, it's cleaner that way. However, there are some negatives. Firstly, it's incredibly noisy. Secondly, it's just the wrong height/weight for me (I'm short) and the angles on the tools are rigid. I get twinges of backache after vacuuming. The powerful suction which is superb on fitted carpets is a hinderance on rugs for obvious reasons. There is no 'quick air release' function which is pretty standard on most vaccums to stop this problem. It's less efficient on hard floors than carpet. Surprised how 'clunky' and heavy it seems after using a Dyson - no finesse. But it is a staggering £100+ cheaper than the last vaccum I owned and it does the job.
VINE VOICEon 16 April 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Heavy to handle is the only downside to this neat piece of kit from Electrolux... who,in the heady olden days had an ad that said 'Nothing sucks like an Electrolux'!!!
The tools are easily to hand, there is a very generous long flex, HEPA filter system, and the dust bin is simplicity itself to empty... though I would recommend doing this outside, and up wind, or you will get dust everywhere.
It is on the noisy side, but the motor is good, and it certainly cleaned my test handful of biscuits up in a flash.
One odd thing though is that this is sold as an 'Envirovac', but comes with loads of non recyclable polystyrene packaging. Maybe I have missed something, somewhere......
VINE VOICEon 10 April 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Firstly, an apology to my old Henry. Within hours of receiving this Vacuum Cleaner, I'd began divorce proceedings with my old Henry Vacuum cleaner (now in the the spare room)
The initial set-up of this Electrolux was slightly annoying. Rather than plug and play, I had to read the manual due to the need to attach certain parts manually (plus rather too much jargon about filters and the need to remove x, after y amount of time and clean z). However, once I had turned it on, I was amazed. It almost pulled me along with it, the sheer pick up power of this lady is breathtaking. The easy to empty cup gets filled up quickly. Not because it's small, but because it picks up so much more than other machines on the market. For example, my hallway carpet had black strips near the skirting, from years of impacted dust, that just won't pick up until now. For the first time I now have a genuinely clean carpet. The Vacuum is heavy 7.9kg, but it's a small sacrifice because it is so much more efficient that others machines. I have been through a dozen machines in the past and this one is by far the most efficient. As it sucks up the dirt, the strong brushes are turning briskly. Clearly it is this combination that allows for such a thorough clean. The hose can be used on it's own, and there is a useful stair cleaner attachment. The power of the device on paper is not any larger than most high end cleaners 800w - but it's the technology and design that allows it to be so much more efficient.
Summary - Positive: Very efficient, picks up more than other machines in it's price range, easy to empty. Negative - on the heavy side (but not outrageously so compared to others in it's price rage), need to read through the manual and attach some parts before use, info about filters that need to be removed and other more technical requirements that not every busy person can be bothered with.
on 29 March 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I had a dyson cylinder vacuum before this which I thought I was pretty happy with. It has prob lost a bit of power as it's a few years old but I thought it did pretty good job.
The electrolux took a few minutes to put together as the handle has to be screwed to the top but when it's done it's a very impressive looking machine. Not as heavy to carry around as I expected and the cup where the dirt collects is very easy to empty - even easier than the dyson and much easier to see exactly how much dirt has collected.
Before hoovering you need to change the dial depending on what sort of carpet you are hoovering long pile/short pile/ hard floor etc. It is fairly effortless to hoover, feels very light and has a bit of a pull to it to help you along. No louder than my dyson I don't think.
Best thing about this hoover tho is that it picks up a lot more dirt. I hoovered with it straight after had hoovered with my Dyson when I thought my carpet was pretty much clean and the electolux brought up a substantial amount more dust and fluff - I was quite surprised. I guess the beaters must be very effective at chucking it up, the only worry I have is whether the beaters are reducing the lifespan of my carpet. I need to do a bit more research into this before I adopt this as my primary hoover.
Overall though I was pleasantly surprised and impressed with this hoover. The eco friendly stuff just makes me feel even better about it.
VINE VOICEon 25 March 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Let me update my review, having lived with this thing for 6 months.

To start with, it cleaned. Very well.

Then it started eating drive belts - we got through 3 in as many months.

Now it's returned to the sort of performance that we used to get from our not-very-green Hoover that preceded this model in the Not-a-real-folkie household.

It's not a bad machine, but I can see it continuing to chew drive belts in the future due to its design (sloping motor drive shaft and sharp piece of plastic about 2mm from the belt) and perhaps end up being not-very-green by going in a skip.
on 3 April 2009
I didn't know which vacuum to choose and so I read the reviews and guess what? They were spot on. The Electrolux Enviro Vac is just what it says on the box. Easy to use, easy to empty the neatly rolled dust and dog hair.

Slight disapointment in the flex being a bit short for my needs and also the turbo brush doesn't come with the model I bought and wasn't offered as an add on when I purchased but other than that a really good buy.
VINE VOICEon 23 March 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have worked my way through countless vacuum cleaners in my time, but this is without a shadow of a doubt the best yet.
It was easy to put together and the parts which require to be removed for cleaning are readily accessible.
My deep-pile carpets are constantly impregnated with pet hairs, yet this treasure lifted the lot like lightning.
It is heavy enough to be stable yet light enough to be easily operated.
And what joy - no bags.
I cannot recommend it highly enough.
VINE VOICEon 21 March 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Had the unit out of the box and assembled in less than 10 minutes. Looks great, looks the business and is good for the environment too. Decided to test it out and vacuum my living room. Glided across the carpet with ease and speed, no trouble at all. The cleaner doesn't weigh too much, any adult could use it. The tag line 20 percent more pick-up and 30 percent less energy was bang on the money. It picked up loads. About a litre in fact, in a nice easy to dispose of ball of dust.Although there was a bit of residue dust around the dust cup area of the unit so I decided to clean the filter screen as well. Which was recommended to be cleaned once a week anyway. You have to wash or wipe these things with a damp cloth really and then wait for them to dry before putting them back. As I say, I don't know if my living room was especially dirty but the emptying cleaning of the dust cup and then filter screen did seem a bit of a chore after having cleaned just one big room. You also have to take into account replacing the Hepa filter every six months as well. So if you aren't the sort of person that wants to spend this sort of time maintaining your vacuum cleaner then this may not be for you. I also have a Panasonic Vacuum cleaner that takes disposable paper bags and I can't deny that it is less effort. Those things aside this Electrolux Vacuum cleaner does seem to be very good for the money and it does it's bit for the environment too.
on 26 March 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Value for money, powerful and energy saving, what more do you need in a vacuum cleaner? From start to finish you know your getting the job done, the vacuum features powerful suction (doesnt require alot of push and pull action at all), and the filtration system is a must on everyday cleaning, you will find that the area just seems alot more fresher. The hose is also great as it is long reach and is handy for stairs, car seats, curtains, you name it.
Excellent value for money, I just dont know if its saved me a few bob, but ill just have to check my bill.
on 12 July 2009
Have had this around a month now, very pleased with it. Carpets are now looking better than they have in a very long time.
It "walks" very well and takes the effort out of the chore.
A little noisy but as I vacuum with a Walkman on does not make any difference.
Gets right on to the edges of the carpet, so no line left which would need done by the hose.