Customer reviews

Style Name: Suet Balls|Change

on 13 March 2017
I made a huge mistake thinking that I could save a bit of money buying these, which are about £5 cheaper than the usual ones that I buy. Considering how quickly the birds and a nuisance squirrel were getting through them, I chose Chapelwood thinking that suet balls were suet balls and any saving would be welcome.

But the birds have clearly voted by their absence. The overall bird traffic to and from the garden has dramatically reduced and not a single fat ball has been touched, none are showing signs of even being pecked at.

The nuisance squirrel managed to knock off one of the suet ball feeders to the ground, causing it to spill open its contents on the lawn. Normally this would lead to the little critter eating the lot, but out of the 6 suet balls which the feeder usually contains, only 1 of the Chapelwood ones had been eaten/taken. Having left the strewn feeder on the lawn for 3 days following, not one of the remaining 5 has since been touched.

I have learnt my lesson, that extra £5 is worth every penny (my recommendation would be Erdtmanns). I can only hope that the birds are able to forgive me.
on 16 April 2017
I usually buy really cheap fat balls from Wilko's, so I thought I would treat my birds to these when they were on a deal. My birds hate them! they do eventually eat them, but they can sit in the feeder for weeks. I should also mention that while you think 50 balls is comparable to Wilko's 50 ball tub, these are much smaller, I can fit 5 of these in my feeder but only 4 Wilko's ones.
on 7 April 2017
These were rock hard, my garden birds, who usually love fat balls, were unable to eat them. Even the Starlings and Jackdaws didn't eat them!
Customer service wasn't particularly helpful, telling me "These are one of our great sellers" and only offering a refund if I could send them back in an unused and resellable state, as they're "not faulty". Not possible as they'd been put out for the birds and sat there for days in various weathers, but not eaten! VERY disappointed!
One star rating only because it's not possible to give none!
on 11 December 2016
Don't know if we have fussy birds, but they just won't eat these suet balls. Bought them instead of the usual Peckish suet balls - they are a lot cheaper - but seems the birds can tell the difference.
on 8 April 2017
These have been hanging in my garden for over a week now and the birds will not touch them. I normally top up the fat ball feeder every day but it looks like these Chapelwood fat balls will be going in the bin. Even the crows won't eat them!
Waste of money.
on 24 April 2017
The birds in my garden usually love suet balls but these are far too hard - the birds don't make any headway by pecking them and they were left untouched in the feeder. I have found that they will eat them if I break them up with a pestle and mortar and spread the seeds on a bird table, but I wouldn't recommend these for a hanging feeder.
on 16 March 2017
sadly not any of my birds like these so I am going to have to throw them away. I wonder what could be wrong.
on 18 May 2017
I was unsure at first, didn't think they looked great but- the birds love them, go through 4 a day!
on 17 July 2017
I put the suet balls into my bird feeder 3 weeks ago. The birds and squirrels haven't touched them. Do Not Buy.
on 8 June 2017
I still have 49 of them left after 3 weeks or more, for some reason birds don't eat them.

See one answered question