Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Christmas Soul Playlist Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Open Season 2 [Blu-ray] [2009] [Region Free]
Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 21 March 2017
Grandchildren love this great movie I even brought first one as well
on 9 July 2017
kids love this movie
on 20 September 2017
Brilliant entertainment. Me and my boys laughed all the way through the movie.
on 15 March 2009
I brought this DVD for my 3 sons age 5,7 & 10. They really enjoyed it and said it has lots of laughs and fun to watch. I watched it my self and enjoyed it too.
on 12 February 2016
ANOTHER GOOD MOVIE WHICH JUST FALLS SHORT OF THE FIRST MOVIE. BOOG THE BEAR ISN'T VOICED BY THE GREAT MARTIN LAWRENCE THIS TIME.
THE FILM ITSELF IS GOOD - THE ANIMALS FRIEND ' THE SAUSAGE DOG ' IS FOUND AND TOOK BACK BY HIS OWNER. AND BOOG - ELLIOT & THE GANG GO TO BRING HIM BACK WHICH INCLUDES AN ADVENTURE AT A DOGGY PARADISE.!
DECENT EXTRAS AS WELL.!
WORTH ADDING TO YOUR COLLECTION.!
on 22 August 2014
Keep one watching til the end,fun,fast loud movie
on 4 February 2011
I am a big Open Season fan, so when I found out that there was a sequel due to be released I jumped up and down with excitement.

The plot of the film is as follows:

It's one year later, and we find Elliot getting ready to marry the love of his life, Giselle. But the way to the altar takes a slight detour when Mr. Weenie is kidnapped. Boog, Elliot and all the gang take it upon themselves to rescue their German pooch from the clutches of his owners, 'Mud Flap and Wild Man'.

As the film was only released 2 years after the original, you know they haven't taken much time to perfect the story or animation. Sadly, they didn't bring back Ashton Kutcher or Martin Lawrence as Elliot and Boog. Which for me personally is a big let down. If you compare the story to the first film, it's instantly not as good. And if you compare the animation to other films which were released the same year, such as Walle and Bolt, it really is way behind.

For Pixar, it was Toy Story that made them big, so obviously it's going to be their most loved feature. Because of this they have worked on two sequels to the film. Dreamworks has Shrek, which is now on it's 4th episode and Madagascar which is on it's 2nd film. Twentieth Century Fox has Ice Age, which is on it's third feature and for Sony Animation, it has Open Season. Sadly though, it feels that Sony are releasing this film for a get rich quick scheme. If only they had worked a little harder this film could be brilliant.

Don't get me wrong though, I do like this film. Crispin Glover as Fifi is an inspired casting. He and Roberto (Steve Schirripa) provide most, if not all, of the laughs in the film.

Overall, an okay movie which the children will adore! What more do you need?
VINE VOICEon 23 February 2009
I adored Open Season. I thought it was clever and funny and would recommend it to others. So I was quite excited to find there was a sequel coming out. My excitement was dampened slightly when I discovered it was going straight to DVD (in the UK, at any rate). And yet further when I found out that Ashton Kutcher and Martin Lawrence were no longer voicing the main characters, Boog and Elliot. It didn't bode well. Still, I put my misgivings aside and sat down to watch Open Season 2.

It was a turkey right from the start I'm afraid. I'm usually a huge fan of animated films but this just didn't get me going. There didn't seem to be any chemistry going on and the characters just weren't the buzzy, crazy creatures of the first film. The plot was reasonable but not the hare-brained (pardon the pun) action seen in the previous movie. It was just flat - totally devoid of the enthusiasm the first outing was spilling over with. It did make me laugh, however. Just the once, mind. And that was right at the end when the characters completely murder The Carpenters' classic Close To You. Karen would be turning in her grave. Don't let Open Season 2 send you to yours early - give it a miss.
22 Comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 March 2011
Words cannot express my disappointment for this movie.

Why?
I found the plot dumb founding and stupid, an insult to have the title of open season, when the first was fun for all the family.
The original legendary voices such as Martin Lawrence and Ashton Kutcher are no longer playing Boog and Elliot. This I am not surprised as they probably ran a mile after seeing the screen play.
What jokes there are, few in number, are ludicrously stupid.
So what other movies are there for you and your kids so you don't waste time with this or open season 3?
Kung Fu Panda
Ratatouille
WALL-E
Finding Nemo
And my personal favourites Toy Story 1-3

Please take my advice and dont buy or download. 1* at most.
on 3 October 2012
The Grand kids love any animated movie but I can assure you that this particular one was one of their best liked.