Customer reviews

Best Kept Secret
Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£27.52+ £1.26 shipping

on 24 October 2015
Well Leona is a great singer still one of the best that came out of X factor Think she is brilliant.
on 11 January 2017
great
on 3 December 2014
Completely useless ,for my dogs anyway
on 18 August 2014
Item fine great value for the money
on 7 November 2015
excellent thanx
on 19 December 2014
Excellent
on 4 January 2014
Bought this album and it's great! Agree with some comments made with 80s-90s feel very good would recommend 110% for any Leona Lewis fan I love it.....
One person found this helpful
on 19 February 2013
I have to start by saying I'm glad there are little reviews because a lot of people who would read the reviews don't or would not believe this is Leona on this album WELL it IS!!!!

** YOU TUBE IT before you buy, then you'll know what i'm on about **

I believe she did this all at 14 or 15 years of age and LET ME TELL YOU THIS.... she makes people in the industry who've been singing for years look like a SILLY GIRL!! or girls in this case.... lol.. & pardon the PUN, read on and you'll understand.

This album I would say was sung in the vain of the Purists of Soul heads of the 80's and RnB vibes of the 90's and some Hip Hop/Rap with the exception of a POP song at the end called "Silly Girl" lol... hmmmm I'll say NO more on that!

What i'm feeling with reviews here are that people who are just into POP (the Commercial I get to see or hear it on TV) want to hear all that POP crap she sings because that's what Simon Cowell wants he to spit out for the major public.... this album is I'd say a definite trialing and I don't think anyone knew what route she would take.... BUT all i can say is I LOVE IT.... its got RARE GROOVE Soul song in the shape of "I Wanna Be That Girl" she sings effortlessly in this and sounds like a big woman....

Then you have some RnB funk in the way of "I Can't Say Hello" with the break beat of Benny Golson's "I'm Always dancing to the Music" (Rare Groove Soul) another killer track from Leona.... , "Dip Down" & "Ready To Get Down" nice uptempo RnB tracks with the feel on the early 90's RnB scene of the Jodeci's, Men At Large, Genuwine etc etc....

Anddddd then she for me really did an excellent version of "I'm So Into You" SWV's 90's RnB Classic and personally, Its BETTER... and i've DJ'ed with Leona's version and people come up to me and say what SWV version is that.... when I tell them its Leona they don't believe it.... BUT this is a BRILLIANT CD... worth getting and well titled.... "Best Kept Secret" indeed!!! ... If you love your 80's Funk Soul i definitely recommend and its better than anything else she puts out because its aimed at the Commercial end and rightly so because the record label need to make money!!!

As said with the exception of "Silly Girl" which is Poppy in my eyes this is aimed at Big People with Soul tastes, if you like POP and are a girl or boy band follower this review would be way tooo mature for you!!!

The words "Connoisseur Soul aficionados" is what this CD was aimed at!!!
2 people found this helpful
VINE VOICEon 23 March 2009
since winning the x-factor in the uk..things went a bit silent for a while yet over the past few months we have had the debut album re-released and 2 storming singles!

when i saw this i had to check it was the same leona as i had heard nothing about it's release and think it is only available on import!

as she says on the sleeve notes " this is the real leona lewis, and embodies the true leona lewis"

however i think it is aimed many at the usa market.

no big power ballads, instead an album of dance tracks with a retro 70's and 80's feel! think chic, sister sledge!

although the songs are good, and vocally leona is on true vocal form..it lacks the special sparkle we know and love!

its great to hear leona but its a bit mariah carey disco tempo and gets a bit lost along the way!

the album remains a bit of mystery as to its low key release, maybe the record company are not to happy with it with the uk market!

leona fans will enjoy it! but not a follow up to the debut..more an experiment!
10 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 3 September 2009
Having waited so long for her next album this came as a real disappointment. The songs are OK but not great and it fails to bring out the absolute beauty and range of her voice. Several tracks are pretty much the same, which makes it a bit monotonous really, probably because most were written by the same songwriter. If you really lap up everything Leona sings then buy it because it is still her and she is brilliant. But if you are hoping for anything near as good as her first album then save your money, this will probably leave you feeling like I do. I've played it once only and probably won't bother again. Sadly 'cause I'm a real fan of hers.
|11 Comment|Report abuse