Customer reviews

on 17 September 2012
I looked around at many many variations of this tool and settled on this, for one reason alone. It has a hex end to put a spanner on AND a square drive socket hole. If you have never got your rear gear cluster off before, you might want to consider this because they can be seriously tight. I ended up with a 3 foot square drive tommy-bar together with this tool to get mine off. (Fortunately I have one, but a piece of tube on a standard ratchet drive would work equally well).
This tool is definitely man-enough for the job...a nice fit which caused no damage to the gears or the tool. This should give me years of service.
on 1 August 2012
Just a note to those, like me, who may be learning to service their bikes. There are differences in the tools needed for disassembling different brand parts. In addition, "freewheels" (which this part fits) differ from "cassette" (newer and more expensive bikes) drivetrains.
on 8 November 2010
I bought a replacement shimano sprocket for my spare wheel, which had an oldish 5 speed sprocket - which would not come off! I then bought this sprocket remover & 10 seconds later, the old sprocket was off. Superb.
on 24 September 2014
Having recently paid a cycle shop £5.00 to remove my rear sprocket in order that I could replace some broken spokes, when more spokes needed replacing, I decided to purchase this. It took all of 20 seconds to remove the sprocket using this tool and a large adjustable spanner, so I was really impressed.
As I have 2 cycles with Shimano sprockets, this tool will certainly have paid for itself when I use it next time.
on 13 July 2013
Does the job it's meant to do, but after only 1 use it is showing signs of excess wear and is unlikely to last very long. As the freewheel was very firmly screwed on I needed to use a lot of pressure to remove it, but afterwards I noticed the ridges which lock the extractor into position were all slightly bent at the edges.
on 21 July 2010
Does exactly what it says on the tin, is a little tight a fit though.
on 19 April 2015
The remover fits perfectly into my Freewheel and suffice for my work with a bike. It has a bit weak design and after one use some edges seem to have tiny markings. Although I do not plan to use it frequently and it is no issue to me.
on 2 July 2013
Not much to say really. Removed a freewheel blok that had been on for years with no effort at all. Tool looks good to last for many a year!
on 19 May 2012
THIS IS WHAT I BEEN LOOKING FOR A LONG TIME AND FOR THE PRICE IT'S VERY CHEAP FOR WHAT I PAYED , I USED IT 10 TIMES OR MORE WORKS EVERY TIME
on 13 February 2012
This is an excellent product, what it says it does. The quality is superb, excellent customer service. Very easy to remove freewheel.

See one answered question