Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.99

on 6 June 2007
I've seen a few reviews here complaining that this CD only includes Eminem's 'pop' output and doesn't showcase his (in their opinion) best work. I'd like to draw their attention to the subtitle- "The Hits". This is a CD of Eminem's hits. 'Pop' is short for popular. Popular things become hits. Do you see where I'm going with this? If the subtitle were "The Best Of" I would understand. But it isn't.

If you like Eminem's hits then you'll like this. I do, and I do.

If you have trouble understanding what "hits" means, then buy a dictionary. :)
0Comment| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 February 2013
First Eminem music bought (and I am over 60) but really enjoyed it - probably best listened to in the car rather than at home as fast-moving - some tracks quite moving when really examining the words
on 26 December 2005
I own all of Eminems albums and I find this tracklisting slightly weak, for such an incredible lyricist and rapper. No doubt the "hits" had to be represented, but what about tracks like:"Rock Bottom" "Mosh" "Criminal" "Renegade" "Till I Collapse" etc..? Tracks that lay bare his talent, instead of pop hits like "Just Lose It". Also even his pre fame album 'Infinite' had great tracks on like "Infinite" and "313", if these were included we could listen to the growth of Eminem up until this point in time. Oh well...???
on 25 December 2013
I confess that I decided to purchase Eminem Curtain Call-The Hits after spotting the cd at my Walmart job. I had previously enjoyed Eminem's 2010 Recovery cd back in 2011 and figured that this greatest hits by Eminem collection would be a perfect music complement. There are fifteen tracks on this edition featuring two different versions of Stan (one featuring Dido and the other that includes a live version with Elton John). Thereare a good assortment of Eminem's popular hits on Curtain Call such as My Name Is, The Way I Am, Without Me, Like Toy Soldiers, When I'm Gone etc. I admit that Lose Yourself is one of my favorites from this greatest hits collection based on the motivational message. This is also due to the positive/uplifting memories of hearing Lose Yourself after watching the Eight Mile movie (in Japan back around January 2003) with my husband (during our first official month together as boyfriend/girlfriend). Eminem Curtain Call-The Hits are a good collection for those who like any of Eminem's songs.
on 1 December 2005
There isn't much I need to say about this CD because everybody would have already heard these songs. However I will defend Em against some bad reviews. These are simply his Greatest Hits, hence, they're songs he's RELEASED. Eminem is the first to admit that the majority of songs he releases are for masses of people. He knows that and he does not deny it. If you like Eminem's singles, buy this CD! As a fan, I will definitely be buying myself a copy. The new single, 'When I'm Gone' is beautiful and if it doesn't touch your heart, you're stone cold. Oh and for the haters, here's a quote straight from Eminem about 'Curtain Call'.
"I have some songs that a lot of people like," commented Eminem. "I have some songs that only I like. This album is obviously for the 'lot' of people."
on 28 September 2013
This has got most of the classics on . We had a great time going back in time and listening to this cd .
Loads of great tracks we were really impressed. Speedy delivery .
on 16 April 2006
I absolutly love this album. Despite me only liking a few of his songs previously, i suppose i had not REALLY listened to them either, i am astounded by this beauty of an album [apart from the first 2 tracks :( ].

The Intro seems a bit pointless as it only last 33 seconds, i dont really understand the meaning of this song either [should i actually call it a song?]

Fack is definetly the worst song on the album. It is just ridden with bad language. I normally dont mind it but in the partiular song, that is mostly all of what he says. It just seems that he has not got any ideas left, so he has resorted to any rubbish.

All of the other songs are simply amazing. Sing For The Moment is a very good song, and a good addition to the CD. Like Toy Soldiers is also very touching. The Real Slim Shady is a bit old and has been heard many times before but because that was the main song which made him well known, it needed to be put on. Mockingbird has very good lyrics also, talking about his daughter Hallie really makes you feel as if he is talking to you. Cleanin' Out My Closet is definetly the best song on the CD, with outstanding lyrics, great music and lots of heart, it is playing constantly on my Ipod. Without Me and Just Lose It are a bit too pop-like for my taste, but they still are good.

The new addition of When I'm Gone is also a very good song. it doesnt surprise me that it was high in the charts for a long time [and i would like to add, the constant offering of the ringtone on music channels, very annoying, grrr].

Stan which features Elton John is a nice addition and so is Guilty Conscience.

I would recommend this CD, especially as on amazon it ios only £5.99! A great ending to Eminem's career, but a shame as i have liked his last few songs very much, and i would like more of them.
on 3 December 2005
This album is amazing, how could it not be with all of Eminems greatest hits on it! we hear classics like 'My name is' and 'The Way I am' which are still after all these years just as good. we also hear a new, far more mature track list like lose yourself, mockingbird and his new single 'When I'm Gone' which talks about a strange dream of his and about his own death ... from rap or life is not quite clear. And also fun tracks like Just lose it and a new one, Shake that, which is quite funny in some parts, all in all though a definate buy, even if you've got all his other albums get this one!!! saves you changing disk doesn't it ... there's also an elton john bonus track which you can't miss!
on 15 July 2006
Curtain Call is ment to be a greatest hits for Eminem, however they seem to have left out most of the songs that show Eminem's true ability.

However, the two added tracks "Fack" and "When Im Gone" arent that bad. Fack is more of his childish side, but "When Im Gone" is probably some of the best work he has done, it is a great track. There is also "Stan" performed live with Elton John. With Elton singing the parts of Dido. The track is great, apart from the occasionaly crowd noise.

But overall, such tracks like "Kill You" arent on the single CD version, which is a shame. Neither is "Renegade" (a track performed with Jay Z on the second CD), and also on Jay Z's Blueprint album. The album is more of a collection of commercial tracks that he released as singles. In my opinion its not a bad album, but if your an eminem fan and prefer the more rap tracks than his more poppy commerical tracks, this album is not for you.
on 18 December 2005
This two-disc set contains almost all of Eminem's singles, along with the bonus disc "Stan's Mixtape", containing seven of his most popular tracks from the Slim Shady persona.
The first disc consists of all of his UK singles other than "Business", "Mosh" and "Ass Like That", along with three new songs - the bizarre and slightly embarrassing "FACK", the fun club song "Shake That" featuring Nate Dogg, and the moving "When I'm Gone." Included as a bonus track is the excellent live performance of "Stan" with Elton John, originally recorded at the Grammys. This disc has something for everyone, although perhaps younger children would be better off with the edited version.
The second disc isn't such a success. It does well by including less widely available tracks such as "$#!* On You" featuring D12, the excellent "Renegade" with Jay-Z and the remix to Notorious B.I.G.'s "Dead Wrong", but much of the rest will be familiar to Eminem fans - the other four tracks all appeared on "The Slim Shady LP" and "The Marshall Mathers LP".
Overall this is an excellent collection, albeit familiar to those who already own the orignal albums. It is, however, an excellent way to introduce someone to his music, or to Hip Hop in general. Certain popular tracks from his albums have not been included (such as "Soldier" and "Till I Collapse"), but that is to be expected in a compilation that is essentially just his singles with a second disc that feels slightly like filler. I would recommend this to anyone who doesn't have the albums, but those who do may prefer to just download the new tracks from iTunes. "When I'm Gone" is particularly worth owning.