Customer reviews

Flyleaf
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 16 June 2010
I first heard about this band through my friend and loved the song "Fully alive" a rocky eccentric song reminding me of the old school evanescence except this band seemed to have a bit of a stronger edge to their production.

I watched a few videos of the band performing and loved some of their other rocky singles which persuaded me to buy this album.

Their self titled album consists of many strong rock anthems including Fully alive. My personal favourite tracks are "I'm so sick" and "Cassie". The end of the album also includes acoustic versions of these songs are brilliantly different and you can appreciate the songs even more so.

Whilst the lyrics are arguably trademark hard hitters at the universal world the strong instrumental backing is excellent and there are some tracks which you can sing along to.

As before they remind me of a vintage Evanescense and not just because rock band with female singer but the way they approach the genre with hard lyrics and great rhythm. Whilst the same notion and energy is all in the tracks this may cause criticsm but if you like the rocky singing and yet heavy music style I think you will love this album

9/10
on 16 February 2018
If you want a great mix of angry and snarly female vocals with trashy guitars tehn this album is for you
I love it, I need to listen a bit more to give a more detailed review but this is how Static X would have sounded had Wayne been a girl
on 17 March 2010
This was the first proper full album from Flyleaf from 2006 I think. There second has just been released but I had to get this to finally heard what many had been calling a very good significant album. I had heard a couple of the singles which 'Im so Sick'- Is an alright female sung heavy rock metal tune, a bit Numetal but 'Fully Alive' and 'All Around Me' are two just totally stunning amazing tunes that really touched me. Very different for a sort of Numetal band. Lacey is a very unique young female metal singer, just has to be heard, so passionate and emotional. The whole album though does actually rock in a modern heavy rock/metal way so don't worry. Very unique new heavy stunning female fronted passionate band.
on 8 February 2017
Great cd from the pop punk band flyleaf
on 20 April 2016
The disc and case arrived in excellent condition with no damage at all to them
on 23 September 2013
To be honest I only bought this album for the first song on it. I remember hearing in on die hard 4 and I just loved it. Anyway, the album overall is pretty good. Definitely their best I think.
on 12 October 2016
Exceptionally good. They're well put together! Who'd have thought of having an Angel sing with a bunch of Heavy Metal headbangers would sound so incredible!
on 12 April 2016
Love this
on 16 July 2014
After hearing the music from the opening scene of Die Hard 4.0, I got hooked on this group. Brilliant!
on 14 August 2015
Excellent, pleasure to deal with.