on 1 June 2005
A few years ago I read Covey's '7 Habits of highly effective people'. It changed my view of my life, but I had real difficulty 'beginning with the end in mind', because I found it really hard to decide what I truly wanted from life. I also recognised how my 'scripting' had formed my outlook. However, I was at a loss as to how to change this 'scripting'. Slowly, I have been working things out for myself by reading selected self help books and with the help of an excellent therapist/hypnotherapist.
Then I stumbled across 'creative visualisation' - the missing piece and at last a key to change my life-scripting. I have found it truly uplifting and cheering. It is simply written, clearly explained and gives good helpful techniques to start to turn around your thinking, so that your 'script' is changed for the positive. I wish I could have found this book 20 years ago, it has helped restore my faith in myself and in humanity.
As a logical scientist I was the last person to take self help books seriously, but the 2 titles mentioned here are changing my life.
0Comment| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 February 2009
I first read this incredible book in the 1980s and it still remains the very finest, most practical, most kindly work on the whole subject of manifesting incredible change in our lives.

It is so understandable with such clear instructions and written with empathy, kindness and genuine caring. Each chapter links to the next smoothly and without any unnecessary "padding", waffling or repetition.

The outcomes are truly incredible - life changing, almost miraculous.

Like all truly great coaches, Gawain remains very low key, guiding the reader to create their own success without ever using the book as a vehicle to take centre stage for herself. She is like a friend who wants only the best for you and shares gifts gladly.

Gawain is admirably free of complex or obscure psychology or the worst excesses of New Age eccentricities.

Importantly, the reader does not have to use all of the techniques offered but can select the ones that are most effective for them.

If I could only have one book about creativity and manifestation this would be it.
on 22 October 2002
The best part of this book is how simple and direct it is, it can help anyone who truly wants to help oneself. It describes simple meditations tecniques, and some more advanced ones, that will enable you to make real changes in your life, and to have anything you truly want. It's not for people who are skeptical by nature, (although if they only were willing to give it a try...), because if you don't believe you are the one who can change your own World, you will never do it. It changed my life once, in an amazing and unexpected way, and so quickly I couldn't believe it. It's the best gift you can give yourself.
on 17 June 1998
This book has literally changed my life. I was looking for something new at my bookstore, and saw this book. I didn't believe what it said on the back cover, but I bought it anyway. I read it in two days, tried the techniques... and you won't believe it, but from that time on, everything I want comes true! It's simply magic! Simple, but extremely effective. If you want to change your life, buy this book TODAY!
on 29 August 2003
This inspirational little book has helped me achieve a great many things, from high marks in my exams to helping me heal quickly after surgery. It is highly digestable reading, as each chapter is only a few pages long. Shakti Gawain guides you through affirmations, meditations and simple exercises which together, help you fulfil your true potential; physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
on 20 September 2006
This is an excellent book both for those who are new to creative visualisation and those who have had lots of experience. Shakti's book is readable and enjoyable and she gives you lots of information on how to use these tools to create the life that you want. A must for everyone.
on 12 December 1997
I received Creative Visualization as a gift from a close friend. Immediately, the pages changed my outlook on life and help me rid my mind of negative thoughts and my life of negative experiences. However, over the past several years, I have picked the book up many times to read and remember the simple, yet valuable lessons it teaches us about living more healthy and happy. I have chosen this book to give to everyone in my family and all of my friends this Christmas; because, if I can do one small thing for them, it would be to help them achieve their dreams and bring more positive and enlightening experiences into their lives. This book is an excellent introduction to creative visualization and once it opens the door to the world of over abundance for the reader, they will begin to have a deeper understanding of the power of the mind and enriched life experiences. And in my case, hopefully buy and read more inspirational books to help them grow mentally stronger--the author recommends several in the back of her book! I highly recommended Creative Visualization for teenagers and adults alike.
on 11 April 2006
i came upon this book by accident, i have read a number of self help books but only a few inspired me to read them through to the end. It is very easy to read, explains the processes so simply and beautifully, i wish i had found this book in the first instance, i will be buying copies for friends and family to share in the experience.
on 11 April 2000
This was the book that introduced me to the practice of meditation/creative visualisation, and changed my world completely. Unlike some boring books I know, this one will enlighten you on meditation and spiritual issues in a very simple and practical way. Everybody should have a copy of this truly wonderfull book.
on 17 August 2008
I bought this book years ago and still refer to it frequently. I originally bought it to use the techniques to help me through my college courses and to successfully get into the university I wanted to go to. The daily affirmations really worked and I graduated with honours. The best thing about this book, in my opinion is that it helps you understand how your constant thoughts about things actually create the life you are living. And, it is through this filter that we see all things. But this "filter" also has power and it can be changed. If we can change the filter, we can change the results. It may seem simplistic to think that just changing the way you think about things can create a real change. But, changing the way you think about things, especially subconsciously is not easy! Worries and subconscious expectations, thinking "this is how things are" - these are all tough animals to tame! What we accept, what we settle for, what we aspire to, these are products of our belief system supported by our subconscious. If you want to learn some great techniques for reconfiguring your filter to start internally building the life around you that you desire, this book is invaluable.