on 6 March 2013
Bought the MP3 download of this, so that might explain why I felt the performance wasn't quite as sublime as I would have liked. Still very pleasant, though, but I didn't feel it was up there with some other recordings - but it was a good price and Faure's Requiem is always lovely.
on 22 February 2013
OK so you get what you pay for I guess. This is a very good performance well judged and the choir and soloists are fine. However (and it's a big however) the downloaded version is very noisy indeed. It probably does not help that it is recorded so 'closely' or loud that every hiss is heard. This ruins a very good piece. Yes it was under three pounds but I still have to pay for a better recorded sound.
on 10 January 2014
I needed this as our choir will be attempting it soon. Recording OK, but this is not my favourite piece of music.
on 11 December 2012
A beautiful piece of music. Well known and liked. I have had other versions and this was equally as good.