Customer reviews

Price:£5.99

on 11 July 2017
Wonderful!
on 1 May 2017
An excellent disc I played it through twice immediately I got it.
on 4 February 2009
An excellent example of John Rutter's work. A CD to be enjoyed at any time. Very relaxing and Soothing Music.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 15 November 2008
This review only gives 4 stars because most of the tracks have already been included on one or two of Rutter's previous CD's. Having said that, this is the Ultimate Collection, so that is to be expected. So if you have most of the previous releases, there's maybe not much point in buying this, except of completeness, however, if you don't have them, I'd definitely recommend it.
on 30 November 2011
Several reviewers have commented about the re-packaging of this CD. However, if you don't already have this album under another name then it is to be heartily recommended. The Cambridge Singers and City of London Sinfonia produce some lovely sounds in a varied programme, including For the Beauty of the Earth, The Lord bless you and keep you, A Gaelic Blessing, Pie Jesu (from the Requiem) and The Lord is my shepherd. There are also 3 carols included, (which can be a little annoying when they are mixed in with the other tracks.) All in all, a very satisfying CD, representing some of the most popular works from John Rutter's output.
on 24 February 2009
This CD contains an absolute feast of Rutter's music and as I am an addict, I listen to it again and again. The range is wide from nursery rhyme to a thunderous Gloria; the melodies are haunting and the settings of familiar tunes quite exceptionally beautiful. A must for any afficionado of John Rutter.
on 28 December 2008
The Ultimate Collection
This CD is a relabelling of The John Rutter Collection from 2002. The only thing that is different is the label & packaging. All tracks are identical with identical running time, even the order of tracks is the same. Just one big con-trick - it spoilt a small part of my Christmas when my wife opened the package & told me it was the same as the one I had bought way back!
My local Trading Standards will be informed just in case this is in anyway illegal.
on 16 February 2009
The Ultimate Collection is an extremely apt title for this album of John Rutter music. An absolute delight to own and listen to.
on 7 February 2009
I bought this for my parents and they say it is absolutely wonderful. Definitely worth the money.
on 21 July 2009
This CD is brilliant. It lifts you out of yourself and allows you to float amongst the clouds. I am not religious but still very much enjoy John Rutter's interpretation of several hymns and religious works.He gives a new meaning to them with their ethereal sounds. Absolutely beautiful. I have it playing quite loudly and it certainly makes me feel peaceful. Although one or two tracks are not so good, I would certainly recommend this CD to anyone who wants to feel relaxed and at peace.