on 16 July 2006
I found this CD absolutely terrific. Since being featured by Classic FM and the BBC's excellent program from Tudeley Church, I see it has risen to number 3 in the WH Smith Classic chart. Excellent recognition for such beautiful music.
on 21 February 2008
If I had to choose two words to sum up this album I would choose "Achingly beautiful". If you need spiritual music to aid prayerful meditation then this is it. Peaceful, sublime, relaxing, prayerful, rich in spirituality, this music in the spirit of Taizé is some of the best you can buy.
on 29 October 2006
It is very hard to recreate the sounds of Taize- the atmosphere of the church and those wonderful young people and the songs that gently fade away, because prayer never ends. For those wanting something gentler still, Taize has also produced some beautiful CD's in the medieval village church with a "little choir". If you want the sound and atmosphere of Taize, it is best to go for the real thing- the CD's produced by Taize, at Taize.
on 14 July 2006
The tracks on 'Taize' usually start and end as exquisite chants, the ending of 'O Lord Hear my Prayer' as particularly serene. Unfortunately they all swell with the accompaniment of instruments which are so loud and shrill they effectively block the chants.

The violin, cello, et al made this CD unlistenable to for me and reminded me of media news, weather and road reports which are broadcast with the overscoring crescendo of duh, duh, duh, de de de dah.

If you can bear the above you will like this CD. If, like me, you were expecting chants as a background for personal quiet times then I advise you to check Taize out from your library first. An otherwise beautiful CD ruined by the addition of noise.
on 17 April 2013
I play this over and over again without tiring of it.
Beautiful music beautifully sung.
Ordering another one for my sick friend. Prefer it to an original Taize album I bought at the same time.
on 10 April 2013
The music of the Taize community is always very simple and often repetitive in nature, but in this simplicity it brings immense peace and calmness. Even those who may not believe in the religious element of the music would not be able to deny its beauty.

Excellently performed by St Thomas' Music Group, this album is the perfect thing to listen to if you require a bit of rest and relaxation and an escape from the busy modern world.
on 11 October 2013
This is just what I required. We have a prayer shawl group at church and begin and end with music playing and then knit or crochet and pray for the people who will receive the shawls we are making. This is the type of thing we need as you can listen to Taize and just become part of it
on 18 April 2012
This has a selection of beautiful Taize chants. Each one is quite long, but has a variety of instrumental descants and variations to add interest. O Lord Hear My Prayer is particularly moving.
on 13 May 2014
I downloaded this. First track never came through, but I don't mind as I am not so keen on the first track! Rest of the CD is brilliant. I have used this during my Lent Group as a form of meditation, which people really enjoyed.
on 20 May 2013
What an amazing, peaceful, relaxing CD. Brings me into the presence of God.
Highly recommended for all those seeking God.