Customer reviews

Young For Eternity
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.99

on 8 May 2006
When i heard the single 'Rock & Roll Queen', the subways didnt really leave a great effect on me, i simply wasnt bothered one way or the other. That was until I saw a two page article in Q Magazine, praising their album as the next big thing and relating them to Nirvana and The White Stripes (two of my favourite bands). It was then when they caught my attention. Quite naughtily i downloaded a few tracks off the album to give them a second chance. Thank God i did! I think they were 'Oh Yeah' and 'Somewhere'. They were great, everything in those tracks blow me away (guitar riff and backing vocals especially.

So, obiously i went out and bought the album. And it didnt disapoint me one bit. Moulded together are adrenoline pumping 'tunes' and harmonious acoustic melodies. The guitar riffs compare that of the work of Cobian, bass riffs of Black Sabbaths 'Geezer' and the drums of Chad Smith. Altogether this creates a excellant work of art, delivering verious emotions to its listener along the way.
on 13 February 2006
When I was given this album as a gift I was rather gritted-teeth about it. I had heard Oh Yeah on the radio a couple of times and thought 'That's OK but not that great' but then I put the album in. It's a cracker. The best track other than the hidden away '1am' is definately the title track 'Young For Eternity'. It's a great track. People who have seen The subways live will be a little disappointed as the album sounds lighter than the live shows, but are nonetheless some of the best tracks around at the moment. I would recommend it, and having seen them as well, I definately recommend going to see the live if you can. Make your own minds up.
on 14 July 2005
It's rock. Proper, pure, undiluted rock. It's raw, brash, larger than life. And I love it. This is music that deserves to be played loud. It's so full of youthful energy.
I first heard of The Subways through their debut single, 'At 1AM', and after that I was hooked. Ironically, the only problem I have with this album is that 'At 1AM' isn't given its own track. It's sort of tacked onto the end of 'Somewhere' after 6 minutes of silence. What's the point of that?
The Subways are an incredibly talented band. The music is so much more than the sum of its parts. Lead singer Billy Lunn has a great voice which works so well with the music and his girlfriend/bassist Charlotte's backing vocals are the perfect accompaniment.
If you don't buy this, you are a traitor to good music.
on 5 December 2006
This album is not sophisticated. It is not clever. It is not a biting social comment. But I tell you what. IT ROCKS.

This is a great throwback album to a time when rock was, well, fun. The songs are simply written, no complicated guitar lines or expressive use of synth. But bloody hell are they awesome. The sheer energy of this band shines through, with huge riffs (in an indie kinda way) and shout along chorus. Almost every song (even the few acoustic numbers) are full of energy and emotion. The last song i heard that was so shout along was Song 2 by Blur. If your fed up with bands who play three notes at a time, and drawls a load of bollocks pretending its ironic ("Oh, so its SUPPOSED to sound like gibberish")then buy this album and be young for eternity
on 8 February 2006
In a way I think that indie music has taken a wrong direction over the last years, I mean, sure Franz Ferdinand and Kaiser Cheifs are OK, but it is still missing the heart and soul that was the trademark of Brit-indie a few years ago. Though hearing The Subways made me hope for the future of indie rock again!
This is pure indie rock'n roll and it is almost impossible to sit still when listening to it, I just have to jump around and scream and sing along! There is a great mix of songs on the album, from the beautifully build up opener 'I Want to Hear What you Have Got to Say', the more slow 'Mary' and the furious rock singles 'Rock & Roll Queen' and 'Oh Yeah'. To compare it with some other artists, you can say that it is a bit like 'Jet' and 'Vines' but better!
To give you a hint of how you should value my words, I can say that of the recent releases I really like the groups 'We Are Scientists' and 'Maximo Park' while I dont care much for 'Editors', 'Cribs', 'Rakes' and 'Departure', but in the end it is up to everyone to judge for themselves!
Buy, listen, jump & scream!
on 20 August 2005
It is a really good album and well worth buying, although a few of the songs don't really live up to my expectations. I don't really agree with anyone who says "Rock and Roll Queen" is the best song on the album, becasue for me "With You" is definitly one of the best songs I've heard all year.
on 9 November 2005
Unlike some of the reviewers, I bought the album before seeing them live and it was because I enjoyed this album so much that I went to see them at the Lemon Grove in Exeter. There are elements of the White Stripes and Nirvana as mentioned elsewhere but they have a British feel and a sense of pop history that makes them different.
on 1 July 2005
The first time I heard this band was in 2003 in a small place in Camden and was really impressed with the talent in such a young bunch of Teeneagers at the time. Now in 2005 they have won the New Band award at Glastonbury, two hit singles "Oh Yeah" and "Rock & Roll Queen" and have a album, "Young For Eternity" about to be released this is really The Subways year. With an average age of 19, Billy, Charlotte and Josh deserve to become big with this album as it has many songs which are so infectious such as "Holiday" "At 1 AM" and "I Wanna Hear What You Have Got To Say" that they will surely be sung around every festival they play at this year and also be an up and coming artist throughout the years to come. Buy this if you are into music from the Hives to Oasis and you'll deffinately be pleased.
on 10 July 2005
Ever since I saw the video for 'Oh Yeah' on MTV I've been hooked on this group. Downloaded quite a lot of demos and unreleased tracks - all of which are amazing! I've been waiting for this album for a few months now and trust me, it does not disappoint! From the start of the opening track right through to the rough grainy demo sound of 'At 1am' (and with the long encore silence in-between!) this truly is an amazing debut album from The Subways. For me the stand out tracks on the album are 'I Want to Hear What you Have Got to Say', Oh Yeah' & 'At 1am'. Probably cos these tracks feature a lot of vocals from Charlotte. Love that girls voice! 'Young For Eternity' is another cool track. Everyone go out and buy this album! I also hear The Subways are amazing live, going to see them at Manchester Uni tomorrow so we'll see! 10/10
on 12 June 2012
This is album is awesome. You will not be disappointed. Every song is superb!! Go on buy it!! What your ears were designed for!!