on 18 August 2012
I bought this in 2010, primaraly with a view to doing You Tube product reviews,that was before i realised how good the camera/video was on my Nikon L24 compact,thus, this has been sat in a cupboard, being used about 3 times filming my aquarium.
Now anyone expecting (or hoping) this camcorder to be the same quality as a £200-£500 jobbie, must be either stupid or not of this planet, you get what you pay for, and for the money this is an excellent little camera/camcorder, i've only used it a few times as i said, but last month my son and his hip-hop band did a performing road trip, France, Italy and Croatia, i gave it to him as i thought it perfect for recording the trip, especially as the video would have a natural "grainy" look to it, i popped in two new duracell AA batteries and a 4GB sd card and off he went.
He came back having recorded the whole trip raving how much fun the crew had had using it, apparently the batteries gave up on the ferry back home, after 4 days and nights constant on and offing, and had 170MB left on the sd card !
If your looking for a polished, professional camcorder , this obviously isn't it,but for a fun, grab, point and shoot bit of kit that doesn't matter if it gets lost or broken(because of the price) this is excellent value for money, and i would not hesitate to buy another.
on 20 November 2009
I bought this for my dad,who still can't turn the television on,nevermind.I've not tried installing the software yet but it seems to work okay,It's quite well made,if a little flimsy in places,namely the pop-out USB is operated by a 'tab' similar to old Star Wars figures with light sabres,the connector is quite loose but since it's hidden most of the time that's okay,the other is the flip out screen,it's a tad loose as well and I can only see it being used if you are filming yourself,other than that it seems great with clear image and a smooth 30 fps,it's easy to use,there's a little delay when using it as a camera but that's to be expected,one thing though,it has no illumination and so is next to useless in low light/indoors but is excellent outdoor,which is what it was for,all in all well worth it.
21 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 7 September 2010
Ive got 2 of these now. As I read the review about bunging a 16gb SD card (I used a micro adapter version and lo and behold it works st away!) I thought..how cool is that? a camcorder that can store 16 gigs worth of footage even at the resolution it offers is for me gonna be a LOT of fun. So I got one to test that theory out since they dont cost a lot.
chucked in a 16gb card and behold it picks it up st away.

(HAS To be just an SD one tho)

when you think of the retro stuff in comparison this cam makes a lot of sense for all round use. You could record an accident with it, keep one in a car handy in case theres something worth shooting that just comes up. Or just mess about with it with your friends. Youre never gonna get HD quality filming but for this kind of money you really shouldnt expect to. I think for what it is, its an excellent bit of fun and ideal to buy even for an older child to play with. Mainly because software drivers arent needed and are just generic ones that windows picks up straight away, theres no fiddling around just plug in the usb connector and it will transfer quickly too. it takes two standard common as hell cheap as anything AA batteries and doesnt eat them up too quickly either! The two duracells I added are good to go and it doesnt drain either if you leave em in, so Im assuming adding even cheaper panasonic bulk buy ones in it will be the best value of all.

I dont really care about camcorders that much. I film with a pro JVC GY HD one for proper filming editing etc. this camcorder definitely isnt for that. But its a good intro into a world of "film making to hand". I think that its very good for blogging if you want to blog but dont want razor sharp close ups
on the screen it also shows the hours left available to shoot. Two modes camera/camcorder. Obvious delete button and handy bag and strap to keep it clean

my one still shows over FIVE hours available at the moment. Value for money its a laugh..good for people who like carrying a cam around just in case who dont want something bulky

at all.

The cables for tv playback are standard and you can get them anywhere. No software needed, a genuine plug and play device thats fun to use although as I said dont expect anywhere near 1080p LOL
11 people found this helpful
on 26 August 2010
This camera is great for the price. You can take photos and record videos. On the product review it says that it only supports a 2gb sd card which I bought Kingston Technology 2GB Secure Digital Card but on the info of the camera it says that it supports a 4gb sd card. I have a 16gb sd card I put a in it and it worked fine. It has no pictbridge but besides that it is a great camera and well worth the price.
review image
5 people found this helpful
on 8 January 2011
brought for an 8 year old who likes to video herself. She is able to use it without help. Good quality for the price. Definitely would recommend for a child, or for an adult who wants a cheap camcorder.
One person found this helpful
on 1 September 2011
I have bought two of these camera recently. The first is fine - however the second one, although it does record, the screen does not work at all
on 13 October 2011
Always wanted something like this!
Nice and light, cheap but does the job, love how simple the buttons and screen is, considering the screen is so small you can even read the screen without trouble.
Perfect:)
on 17 October 2010
RUBBISH!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS, I KNOW IT WAS CHEAP BUT THE PICTURES ARE ALL BLURRED REALLY WISH I HADN'T BOTHERED.
One person found this helpful
on 7 January 2010
Well liked but I dont know how the person has got on with it. Good packaging and good delivery!
3 people found this helpful